The Big Photo Thread - Page 12 — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

The Big Photo Thread

Comments

• My nicest $2.50 Indian. I bought this coin in an OGH at MS63, PCGS upgraded to MS64, and now it's on the way back to me from CAC with a green sticker.
    USPS is taking forever to get it (and a few others) back to me. 4 out of 5 coins in my very first CAC submission got stickered.
  • Great job ! 
  • Thank you sir. I'll have a few more coming your way before too long. :)
  • Wow that’s great !!!!    Congratulations 🎈🎊🎉 
  • WHAT'S IT TAKE FOR SIXTY FIVE ?????
  • Does this look like a doubled mintmark on a 1909-S VDB cent (CAC Certified)
    I was looking at it for a while tonight but now I don't think so.

• Been waiting quite a while for my 8 freebies to come in.
    Now, finally,maybe tomorrow?
  • I’m not at all surprised @JACAC approves of this coin. It’s gorgeous in hand. Makes me want to start collecting VF Seated halves…. But along with weird slabs it might get expensive 🙂
  • It is lovely coin. I've recently decided to set my sights on Seated Half Dollar. I want a really nice proof cameo specimen to start with though. Gonna have to save up for a bit and not spend on other coins meantime. Congrats on your CAC sticker. I was one who guessed it would bean in your thread. Got it right :)
  • edited May 2022

Does this look like a doubled mintmark on a 1909-S VDB cent (CAC Certified)
    I was looking at it for a while tonight but now I don't think so.

Nope, no RPM's exist for the S VDB.
  • Yeah it just looks a little funny like some/many/all all S mint marks do,up,close. I saw the page in the cherrypickers guide but didn’t notice that it only applied to the 1909-S version not the VDB Variety..

•  I just picked up this $20 SSCA 65 + CAC 
    So now I have 2 spiked shield and 1 narrow serif .    

I know the spiked shield has 2 lines extending from left side of the shield .   But I can’t figure out where the narrow serif is located .  The U in United seem the same across both variants as does the 1 in 1857 

Anyone here able to tell me with certainty what they’re are referring to??

Much appreciated 

Vincent 
  • Day 8 and my PCGS order (8 double Eagles using the CLUB coupons) is still sitting in Encapsulation. Never mind the other 2 economy class orders which might come out by Labor Day (I’ve given up hope on Memorial Day and July 4th.)
  • I really like this coin and it received a gold sticker. MS65RB.

My Photos's

• Congrats on the Gold CAC. I've got one about like that and they are beauties to look at.
  • I can see why you got a gold. It looks magnificent. :o
  •   Yes I love gold too !!! 
  • Freshly  stickered arrived home today!
  • WilliamJ said:

Very nice indeed