The Big Photo Thread - Page 23 — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

The Big Photo Thread

Comments

• Great idea @Vincent.Savage
    Having a 63 and 63+ CAC 11D for both $2.50 and $5 is a cool idea.
  • I’m hopeful .  🙏🏻🙏🏻👍🏻

• My newest Silver Commem. in OGH with CAC. I have the 1939 S Oregon also MS 65 CAC Gold Sticker. I'm thinking of starting a side collection of just Oregons. There are 14 different date/mintmark combinations.
  • JohnTCoin said:

Very nice John 👍🏻👍🏻
  • Thank you Vince. I really like your 1911 D $5 as well. I saw some pretty awesome Saints on GC and thought about you. There's a 1907 Saint MS66 CAC, and a 1924 MS 67+ CAC. I know how much you love those $20 Saints. Hope you made it through Hurricane Ian unscathed.
  • . I'm thinking of starting a side collection of just Oregons. There are 14 different date/mintmark combinations.
    That is a cool coin and a great idea. A collection of Oregons!!
  • WilliamJ said:

. I'm thinking of starting a side collection of just Oregons. There are 14 different date/mintmark combinations.

That is a cool coin and a great idea. A collection of Oregons!!

Thanks @WilliamJ . I grossly overpaid for that one. 2.5x PCGS Price Guide but it was a stiff competition to the very end. That toning really brings out the bidders.

There are some Silver Commems. that I just don't care for, but I love the Oregon.
  • edited October 2022
    JohnTCoin said:
    Thank you Vince. I really like your 1911 D $5 as well. I saw some pretty awesome Saints on GC and thought about you. There's a 1907 Saint MS66 CAC, and a 1924 MS 67+ CAC. I know how much you love those $20 Saints. Hope you made it through Hurricane Ian unscathed.

Hey John,

sorry for delayed response.  Ian hit 100 miles or so south of me.  We had some rain and wind but nothing bad.   A few twigs on the lawn next morning .   My Uncle Tom got hit dead on .   He is ok but his car is missing !  Lol 🤦🏻‍♂️🙈.       ( Port Charlotte , Fl. ) 

I’m seeing those Saints buddy.  I’ll keep an eye on them.  But for right now I’m already picking up those 11D’s and a couple of CAC saints this week .   Only so much money to go around . 🤓😉

Nice toning on yours for sure .  So I understand the bidding being aggressive 

btw ,  do you remember when I was winning about every coin I bid on?   Well these days the bidding has gotten feverish and the higher prices went the more bidding went up 

That’s human nature.   But I slowed down and I’m not the winning bidder these days 
  • Glad you and Uncle Tom are OK Vincent, and all those beautiful coins!

• WilliamJ said:
    Glad you and Uncle Tom are OK Vincent, and all those beautiful coins!

Yes the coins are important !  😉😂

Thanks pal 
  • edited October 2022
    Ordering this this morning …..   now I just need an 11 D $10 Indian 
  • Nice, thumbs up!
  • Great looking coin @Vincent.Savage and fun idea to collect a 1911D gold mint set. That is a great 4 coin set. Best of luck :smiley:
  • The Indian $10 will be the hardest! Great project.
  • Nic said:
    The Indian $10 will be the hardest! Great project.
    Hadn’t even thought about that until pcgscacgold said something to me .

I have the 2.50/5.00/$20.00

Yes that $10 is going to be fun hunting 
  • Came in today .   Was hoping my $2.50 would have also come .   But the guy used 2 day Fed Ex .  🤦🏻‍♂️
  • Very nice @Vincent.Savage Looking forward to seeing the $5 and maybe a group photo with the $2.5, $5 and $20 :smiley:
  • Very nice @Vincent.Savage Looking forward to seeing the $5 and maybe a group photo with the $2.5, $5 and $20 :smiley:

I have the 3 coins but not the $10 which I want !   So keep your eyes peeled 😉

Legend has a nice 11 D $20 66+ CAC that I could upgrade my $20 .   But it’s $15k 😱

Supposed to be a monster coin though.

Thinking it over now 🤔🤔

• @Vincent.Savage I bet you paid a tidy sum for that 1911 D $5. I would love to have a collection of Indian $5s. I have 2 examples but common dates are all I can afford in mint state. I love all the Indian gold coins. That is a beautiful coin.
    Legend has a lot of top shelf coins, you have to give that to them.