The Big Photo Thread - Page 48 — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

The Big Photo Thread

Comments

• Some yummy crustiness

• I plan to upgrade to an MS example at some point, but happy to have gotten a Green Bean on this gold dollar.

I will say that your coin will be better looking than most examples up to around MS 63. The look is hard to beat.
    Thank you!
  • I plan to upgrade to an MS example at some point, but happy to have gotten a Green Bean on this gold dollar.

I will say that your coin will be better looking than most examples up to around MS 63. The look is hard to beat.
    Nicer than the one I sold.

• Pyrite said:

I plan to upgrade to an MS example at some point, but happy to have gotten a Green Bean on this gold dollar.

I've been debating if it's worth a reconsideration. I thought it was low AU when I subbed it to PCGS (bought it raw). I posted the same photos on my Instagram today and CAC shared one in their stories, a couple people actually messaged me asking if I'd sell after that happened, but I hate to sell before I have a replacement lined up.
  • Coinbert said:
    I meant what grade do you think the coin is? You have a lot of experience with Saints. My guess is 64. Not sure it would be a 65 with the spots.

Lol 😆 🤦🏻‍♂️

I wasn’t sure what you were asking .

My pictures make the coin look horrible .    Because I zoomed in with my iPhone .   In hand and even with my glass those spots / marks are no where near as noticeable .

I see why it received a Gold CAC sticker .  To answer your question , technically grading it .  I see a 65 .   Since it has an above average strike , no marks in major focal areas that could be considered even minor .  However we all know how often graders take it upon themselves to add or detract value with market grading .  I dislike that about grading / graders .   They should grade the coin based on its merits and let the market determine any lesser or added value for exceptional or unexceptional looks of the coin .
    I've been debating if it's worth a reconsideration. I thought it was low AU when I subbed it to PCGS (bought it raw). I posted the same photos on my Instagram today and CAC shared one in their stories, a couple people actually messaged me asking if I'd sell after that happened, but I hate to sell before I have a replacement lined up.

That’s a great candidate for CACG crossover .

It’s guaranteed to cross as an AU 50 because it’s already green beaned.   However they may bump it up or +grade it .  Just a thought .  

That’s what I plan on doing with my coins .

• Hey everyone. It's been a while since I posted to the forum. Life has been busy and I drifted away for a while. Just one of my new purchases. Great to see you all again.
  • My 1911 D $10 Indian passed today , CAC approval .   🤗🤗🤗🤗
    <span style="-webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba(0, 0, 0,

• Here’s a couple of nice busties that came back from tne plastic factory this week. The 1828’waa graded
    MS61 by NGC the new official #3 rated TPG
    The other one was an ICG MS62 old sticker which got
    A DNC From “the Industry standard” TPG now officially the.#2 TPG PCGS “the second opinion”
    The first time they didn’t cross so I decided to roll the dice with any numeric grade” just out of curiosity.

• Pyrite said:

I plan to upgrade to an MS example at some point, but happy to have gotten a Green Bean on this gold dollar.

That’s a great candidate for CACG crossover .

It’s guaranteed to cross as an AU 50 because it’s already green beaned.   However they may bump it up or +grade it .  Just a thought .  

That’s what I plan on doing with my coins .

I may consider crossing to CACG. Waiting to see if I can get my own membership instead of going through a dealer, what pricing is like, and what the slabs are like in hand.

• I'm gonna cross this one to CACG for starters. It's in one of the older PCGS Series holders and there's no imaging of it. Also, it's just a straight PR65CAM with a green bean so it should get a legacy serial number.

• How have you been @Vincent.Savage ? Long time no see. I've been away from the forum for a while. You know, busy with life and work etc.. It's good to see a lot of the same people are still active on here. Anyway, hope you're doing well.
  • 1840 (O), WB-12, No Mintmark, Reverse of 1838, XF40, R-6

• Two of my favorite Bean'd coins.

My only Gold Gold, from a fellow forumite.

This one exemplifies, imho, just about the perfect look for a circulated $20.

• I crossed this one over (same grade) from an older NGC slab to PCGS and then to CAC ... stickered :smiley:

• NEWP, 46-d pcgs ms67. I don't know if it's been to cac. It's darn gorgeous but does have a small scrape on the breast, almost not noticeable (does show in image). Rest of the issues are lines/scuffs on the holder. The strike is also not quite up to what I like but irregardless this is going to be tough one to top!

•  I just had an awesome day over at FUN in Orlando .    Met up with Deplorable and he helped me get into this 1799 $10 Gold .  The came over Floridafacelifter.   Great meeting him.    I also had the pleasure of meeting ( sorry guys for not having proper names for y’all.   Eric from Tampa ( would love to meet up again sometime ) and  Noah aka numismatics ( spell check ) .   Great bunch of gents .   

You’ve seen the coin before but now it’s mine!  🤗

It was in strong hands but every now and again when they upgrade , if you can get lucky enough to land it …. That’s a great thing !!!  Joey , you were there in spirit boss man ! 😉
  • Congratulations Vincent! That is truly a great coin. I wish it was in my collection.