Introduce Yourself! - Page 12 — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Comments

• A ( RE ) Introduction… 🤓

I’m Vincent and I’m a CACaholic!  

The Hobby of Kings they say .   👍🏻😎🙏🏻
  • I am also Catholic.
  • Hello I am Phil.  So Cali based and deal in Coins & Currency.  Favorites include Peace Dollars, Commems, $5 Indians, and CC issues.  
  • Hello my name is Chris from NYC i collect Bust Dollars and other type coins love the hobby
    1800.jpg 587.4K
  • Hi all, my name is Nick and I live in Southern California. I’ve been collecting for almost 10 years and my primary focus is $2.50 liberty head and classic head coinage. I’m working towards a 100% CAC set and am roughly 80% complete. If anyone would like to discuss topics in this specific area, feel free to message me directly.

Cheers

Nick
  • My name is Adam, my family and I live in Jacksonville Florida. I'm currently serving in the Navy, but my love of Numismatics inspired us to get our business license a few years back and open a small coin business. Looking to expand once I retire from the Navy. I have an interest in toned coins, as well as obsolete/older slabs.
  • Hello,

I’m Paul. I have been lurking here for several months and post a lot on PCGS. I have been soaking up info on here like a sponge.

I collect mostly bust halves but love seated dollars, flying eagle cents and most other 18th and 19th century type coins!
  • Hello,

I'm Richard from Louisville, KY.
    At the moment collecting Winged Liberty (Mercury) Dimes series and Civil War Nickel-Copper liberty with headress (Indian) cents. I also like Buffalo nickels!
  • Pnies20 said:

Hello,

I’m Paul. I have been lurking here for several months and post a lot on PCGS. I have been soaking up info on here like a sponge.

I collect mostly bust halves but love seated dollars, flying eagle cents and most other 18th and 19th century type coins!

Paul, you should check out the recent Seated Half type piece I posted for opinions here. I think you'll really enjoy it :wink:
  • CAC_Team said:

Come and tell us who you are.

Howdy Y'all from Florida! I am a novice collector. Been collecting only a couple of years but I thoroughly enjoy the hunt.  I'm hoping to learn more which is my goal joining this forum. 
  • CAC_Team said:

Come and tell us who you are.

Howdy Y'all from Florida! I am a novice collector. Been collecting only a couple of years but I thoroughly enjoy the hunt.  I'm hoping to learn more which is my goal joining this forum. 
    From one Floridian to another, welcome!

• Howdy Y'all from Florida! I am a novice collector. Been collecting only a couple of years but I thoroughly enjoy the hunt.  I'm hoping to learn more which is my goal joining this forum. 

Welcome. I like your handle by the way. You can certainly learn a lot here. I know I have.
  • Greetings from Gulf Breeze, Florida!
  • Tigerbait said:
    Greetings from Gulf Breeze, Florida!

Welcome 

Been to Gulf Breeze many times.   Had 2 friends up there .   Dr John Meade ( since moved ) and Jimmy Creech ( may be back there again ).  

Enjoy the forum Tiger
  • Grew up in GB. I'm definitely a local. Pleasure to meet you. I have learned a great deal here. :smile:
  • Tigerbait said:
    Grew up in GB. I'm definitely a local. Pleasure to meet you. I have learned a great deal here. :smile:
    Tigerbait said:
    Grew up in GB. I'm definitely a local. Pleasure to meet you. I have learned a great deal here. :smile:

Likewise 👍🏻🙏🏻
  • I collect mostly everything early American. Limited resources so I mainly have silver and copper coins. :-( I just really love the history and art. I have some really nice early proof coins that I am pretty proud of.
  • Tigerbait said:
    I collect mostly everything early American. Limited resources so I mainly have silver and copper coins. :-( I just really love the history and art. I have some really nice early proof coins that I am pretty proud of.

Hey Tiger ,

That’s the main draw for me too and most of the guys I know … the history .   In fact a small group of us carry 1883 Morgan Silver Dollars , a tradition started when 1883 hit the screen ! 😉🤓.     Love that coin .  I wonder where it’s been , who has held and how many times it’s been bounced off the bar for a drink and a meal after a hard ride . 

Limited resources or not , let me tell you , some of the wealthiest collectors I know are actually more into silver than gold .   Even with bullion they prefer silver .   Silver is good.   And your $300 Morgan should bring you as much enjoyment as another persons $3,000 Morgan brings them .    We are all in this together man . 😎👊🏻👍🏻🙏🏻
  • Isn't that the truth? I am anxiously awaiting my very first submission to CAC. I will see if I picked properly....Fingers, eyes, ears and toes are crossed. I really have a good deal of respect for the examination. The coins I have purchased with CAC beans have been impressive.