Introduce Yourself! - Page 3 — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Comments

• I love peace dollars and old ngc holders. I have been collecting for 10 years now.

• edited December 2021

HI y'all, Bryce from South-Central Idaho. I'm a collector specializing in having fun. Earlier, that meant a nice MS Peace dollar set. These days that means US type and the nicer Classic Silver Commems. Good to see some great folks here already.

• Hi everybody, I'm Tim McAfee, coin collector and photographer in S. Florida.

• Hi,

My name is Joe. Full-time college teacher, part-time dealer and collector.

I love the confidence a CAC sticker provides. I'm hoping we can all learn together.

Very excited for this journey.

• Porting myself over from the CU forum. Looking forward to some constructive discussions!

• Hello, John from, well, all over, but currently the mid west. Working on any number of different sets, with about 98% CAC.

• edited December 2021

Good day

Alan here, also from the Pacific Northwest, and proud to be a new member, in a place I hope will raise the bar for all coin forums.

I collect an odd assortment of stuff, from Trade Dollars to Bust Half Dimes & Bust Dimes to Seated Dollars & Bust Dollars along with a few tokens & medals. No complete collections, just an odd smattering of years that interest me. I am not a personal fan of the Registries but I respect them knowing that any & all collectors and collections should have the freedom to collect and partake wherever and whatever.

I am here mainly for the education and the camaraderie. Thus far I have recognized numerous collectors both from the NGC & PCGS Forums, hopeful the CAC Forums will swing the pendulum back toward the educational end for the U.S. Classic's. I have to believe having the noted experts around to opine and answer and teach will help make this place a treasure trove of fascinating info that appears to be lacking on all the other forums. Content over form is what I am pulling for. Good luck to all!

And a big thank you to John Albanese for having the guts & courage and smarts to make this happen. He is a blessing to this hobby!

• Vinny Cavo has appeared. I'll have some nice, if they CAC, coins that have not seen the light of day, over the next few months.

• Hello my name is mike Bianco. My company mbrc has been a rare coin wholesaler for over 40years. Buying and selling cac, pcgs and ngc coins. Especially interested in gem silver type , early gold , rare date gold and key dates all series.

• Good evening to all,

Nice to see quite a few familiar faces on here, many of whom are colleagues, friends, clients, mentors or some combination of all four. My name is John Marburger. I have been a collector since I was 9 years old, a most-of-the-time wholesale dealer and coin scout since I was 26 for some who have posted in this thread above, and a full time dealer since I retired from the Navy in 2018.

I am the owner and sole proprietor of Silicon Valley Coins. I love helping collectors build outstanding sets of coins in all grades, across a wide range of budgets and interests. I genuinely love living vicariously through collectors and am really thrilled and blessed to be a coin dealer.

When I am not slinging coins, I spend time with my family in the mountains above Silicon Valley. I have three daughters, 15, 14 and 11 (months!!!). My wife is a high school physics teacher in Palo Alto. Just to add to the insanity, we have two Australian shepherds. Whatever slivers of time are left in a day are spent hiking and playing guitar. Good wine helps in all of these endeavors.

Every Thursday at 9 a.m. Pacific time, I send out a short newsletter and NEWPS offering that is really starting to gain a following. If you want to chat, join the email blast and get updates on cool coins, a vast majority of which are CAC'd, feel free to write me here or via email at john@siliconvalleycoins.com.

I look forward to getting to know new folks here, and lovingly harassing those I already know and respect. Until then, happy hunting!

John Marburger, Commander, USN (ret), Silicon Valley Coins

• Greetings,

I'm Mike Printz and I'm the senior numismatist for Harlan J. Berk, Ltd. I've been a full time dealer for 30+ years specializing in early U. S., Type and better date 20th century. Will be great to see the evolution of this forum as there are certainly some great collectors and seasoned vets present already!

Mike Printz

Harlan J. Berk, Ltd.

• Good morning. MY name is John Feigenbaum. I currently wear the hat of Prez/CEO of CDN Publishing (www.greysheet.com). Since 1963, CDN has gathered data and publish wholesale values (Greysheet/Greensheet) on U.S. coins/paper. Today, we have expanded into retail (CPG) values and also growing into other categories like world paper and have plans to cover world coins and other collectibles of interest.

In my previous life, I was the owner/operator of David Lawrence Rare Coins founded by my father in 1979. I have personally been a supporter of CAC since their founding and look forward to interacting with the group here so we can better reflect the values of CAC-approved coins in the Greysheet and CPG.

-John

• Thanks for the invite. I look forward to this forum and input from other dealers and collectors. Jim

• Good Morning. Retired Marine, Retired Homicide Detective avid collector, Love Morgans. and Lincoln Cent. Live in Springfield, MO area. When not spending time on coin collection you will find me at the Club trying to master that which cannot be mastered. GOLF.

Semper Fi.

Phil

• Hi my name is Mike, using the same handle as over at PCGS, mgarmy. I was thankful to be accepted by CAC and equally thankful to be invited to join this forum. I am here to learn.

Merry Christmas

v/r

mike

• Hi everyone! I am out of my cage. I have to be good here, these guys have my cell phone!

It will be nice to be at a place where misinformation will not be tolerated.

I look forward to participating in this forum.

LSS😇

• Hi y'all, George Huber with VDB Coins, good to be invited here and thanks for it. Been collecting and dealing since I was 12, and that's getting to be pretty far in the rearview mirror now. Mostly deal in toned copper and better U.S. type coins. Former longtime cataloger (and a better editor) for a major U.S. auction house till I tired of so many multimillion-dollar rarities, ho hum. I try to balance being a collector and dealer both, and am probably not overly successful at either. I also love languages, math, music, and singing and try to keep learning something new every day!

• Snake Plissken checking in.

I collect saints

• Hello, all. I thank you for the invite and hope to be able to contribute as well as to take away from the forum. Love Buffalo Nickels, Walking Liberty Halves and Indian Head Cents and most other pre modern coins. Look forward. Been collecting since mid 50's, so yes, I'm an old guy.

Jim

• I live in north county, San Diego, and have collected coins since I was a kid (mid-60s). I enjoy classics yet also like to hunt for the odd-ball coin out there. That might include a Potty Dollar or a lowball Ike. I've also converted a bit into album collecting, having acquired some classic, older albums such as V nickels and Buffalo nickels. I enjoy reading other like-minded collectors' thoughts on coins, and the camaraderie shared among all collectors. This hobby sparks joy, and I'm all in for it.