Introduce Yourself! - Page 5 — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Comments

• edited December 2021

It's me, same guy from that other forum. Retired physician with a very large commem collection and some early type. Im glad to be here to learn more about how coins are evaluated and judged to be among the better coins for a particular grade.

CAC green beaned earlier this year, PCGS AU55, old holder.

• Thanks to CAC for the invitation to join this forum. I plan to continue absorbing and hopefully retaining numismatic knowledge from all the posters.

• Another longtime member of the PCGS forum, same name and avatar here. I'm really going to enjoy the "dual citizenship".

• Love that 1795 Flowing Hair Dollar, @CommemDude. The strike is outstanding. Many varieties of flat stuck and lacked the detail or had weak detail from day one.

• Just saying hello, glad to be aboard. I appreciate the chance to say "thank you" for the generous and thoughtful process afforded collectors. As a collector I have zero reasons not to send coins in for an opinion. (Although my ego has been "crushed" more than a few times.)

• Hello Everyone,

Checking in from Boston. Although I would consider my primary numismatic focus to rest squarely in world coins, particularly Spanish colonial, I do actively enjoy and collect U.S. type coins as well. I am excited to read and participate in the many wonderful conversations that will come as a result of this forum.

• edited December 2021

I’m Mark Feld and work for Heritage Auctions. Any opinions I express here will be my own, personal ones, unless I indicate otherwise.

I see many familiar names, some of them from a very long time ago.

I’ve been in the rare coin business since 1979, when I went to work for Steve Ivy. I’ve also worked for David Hall, Mark Salzberg and Pinnacle Rarities, been a grader at NGC and had my own one-man dealership. I enjoy working with and helping collectors navigate this sometimes-treacherous hobby of ours.

• Hello everyone,

I am in Orange County, California. My name is Dale Larsen. I am a buyer with David Lawrence RC. I have been a collector for over 60 years, and a coin dealer for over 20 years. I believe in our hobby and support the TPG's and all of the refinement they have brought to protect our interests in buying and selling coins and currency. CAC certifications have added additional value and safety to the mix for our benefit. I am proud to state that my retirement/grandkids coin portfolio currently has 26 CAC golds, and 150 CAC greens, and the majority are OGH, Rattlers, Doilies, and Fatty

slabs. We are fortunate to be able to hold history in our hands and see first hand what our past generations spent or saved for us to pass on to our future generations. Enjoy it while you can!

• Good afternoon to many of my old forum friends. Not a lot to comment on right now, just wanted to be eligible for First Strike designation.

• edited December 2021

I'm David Brink and I collect Lincoln Wheat Cents. I have all 140 PCGS certified coins in the set currently with 58 of them being CAC coins. All of them are MS-63 or higher except one (1914-D VF-30). I take my own photographs that look like the following image; click on it to see a higher resolution image. Personally, I'm a retired software engineer.

• CCLoosechange , I am from New Hampshire lived here for 30+ years and grew up in Methuen MA. I love all things Carson City Mint and CC half dollars. Currently working on a set of 1877-CC by die marriage. Have 11 out of 16 known marriages. I hope to learn as much as I can from all of you.

• Apathy? Laziness? Psychology/ Ignorance?

i believe that the key reason is that collectors assume that coins of a certain value, maybe $1000 plus, have already been evaluated for a sticker and have failed.

• Hey guys. I'm the owner of the Old Chelsea Collection on the PCGS Registry. My sets specialize in CAC approved XF45 grade. I'm on the hunt for coins I lack in my Seated Dollar set and the gold portion of my 19th century type set. As it won't be easy, I hope to network more with those of similar interests.

• So far I've sent in every CAC elgible coin I have regardless of value. I am in the process of closing some deal on a few elgible CAC coins and will send them in for evaluation.

• Hi guys,

I'm Chris Napolitano and have been a coin dealer for 35+ years. I started collecting when I was 6 years old. Hope to be able to add something to the posts as time goes on. Very happy to see a CAC forum!!

By the way, good to "see" you Rick (Sear)!

• A big thanks for letting me join the club. I'm Privatecoin aka Jason Hoppe. The low budget hack from rural Kansas.

• hey guys and gals, steve from the shore here, 2006-2007 coinfest cac submitter and admirer of the beans, and yes ja, the trueview pictures are too too warm , thankyou for the picnic invite

• Andrew Blinkiewicz with Heritage, I oversee the vintage direct sale wholesale business HA does on a daily basis.

• I had to pause for a moment and consider my personal comfort level of a person evaluating the subject of the transaction....the coins....that has the unofficial moniker of 'Blinky'.

Just kidding, don't hit me....

• The user and all related content has been deleted.