Introduce Yourself! - Page 6 โ€” Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Comments

• Hi my name is Robert (known as oreville with the same user name on the PCGS website.

Thank you for the invite. I am here to learn as JA is awesome. I spent so much time sitting with JA right before the Baltimore show that I ran out of questions to ask JA! We started to chat about life and non-coin topics! A very interesting fellow!

There is more to life than just coins and CAC!

But I am here to learn as I do not know everything.

• Keeper of the gate plate?

• Hi, this is David from Colorado. Appreciate the invite to join this forum. Collector since the late 60’s. I love knockout eye appeal, luster and strike in US silver and gold type. Hate spots, haze, scratches and “details” coins. Looking forward to new connections and learning new things about our hobby.

• BustDMs here, same as on PCGS forum. Handle is not bust dimes as some have asked but Bust Die Marriages which is my specialty.

I own Coins Plus in Cincinnati, OH. Have been collecting over 55 years and dealing over 45. Some may know me as current auctioneer for Legend and formerly of Bowers and Merena and Superior.

I am president of The John Reich Collectors Society and editor of their journal. Anyone interested in collecting bust coins can contact me for a free sample of our journal.

looking forward to interchanges with like minded numismatists.

• My name is Daniel otherwise known as “bidask”

Why bidask you might ask?๐Ÿ˜Š

it’s because I remain a financial wealth advisor going on 42 years now at a major Wall Street firm.

Like everyone else I stared collecting at an early age 8. On Saturdays I would take the bus to downtown St Louis to go to all the coin shops including one at Famous Barr.

These days I collect/ focus on world coins, mostly crowns, and have the #1 PCGS registry set cap & rays 8 reales.

Many of the specimens in my set were formerly owned by Clyde Hubbard however his name is not on the holders.

Love the hunt !!

• Howdy Guys, I am JP aka Eldorado9 from the other forum. Many familiar folks over here. I am a rabid proof type collector, and I value extreme color and originality. Most of my collection is CAC endorsed, so I thought it appropriate to join. My coin collecting journey started in 1972, with my first Redbook, and a pile of Mercury dimes and folders....Looking forward to talking coins with you guys.

• Thanks for starting a CAC forum. Been collecting coins since 1964 and have met many great collectors and dealers over the years. I focus primarily on early Proof Bust coins and have enjoyed collecting and researching this area of US coins. Would be happy to discuss these with fellow collectors. Joey

• David, Love that 1915 Proof! Just gorgeous, and reminds me of a few I have.....Enjoy.

• Hello to everyone! I’m a plastic surgeon in South Florida, in practice for 21 years, and a coin collector since around age 14 when my Dad used to swap out clad for silver at the drug store he worked at and bring it home and put it in my tall orange plastic tiger bank. I’ve been hooked my whole life. I love proof and type coins, mainly PCGS/CAC- here’s a few of my favorites:

• That’s a somewhat above par trio of coins you have there.๐Ÿ˜‰

More seriously, I’m in love with each of them - they’re spectacular.

• Mark is just positioning for a free face lift.....

Joking , no hitting allowed. Mark did beat me to the opinion keyboard, though, and the 92 speaks to me.

Outstanding.

• Thanks guys- my friend @Eldorado9 can be a tough act to follow when it comes to pretty pics!

• I'm just splashing around in kiddy pool! Thanks Big Guy....Love those three, and all the others!

• Yikes! Thank you for showing your coins. I learned a lot today...

Gary

• Hello! Some might remember me from ancient days @ CU, surprised that a board of this nature has taken so long to come to fruition. It has been long needed and hope that is a success. Funny how we have gone from a 'delete anything with a CAC reference' to a total acceptance or is it a capitulation that CAC is here to stay and that it is a vital part of the numismatic market.

• Wow, is that really you? I hope you’ve been doing great.

• edited December 2021

Thanks Mark. Yep, really me in the cyber-flesh. Things were going great until this year. I've been fighting stage 3 lung cancer, w/ half a lung removed, chemo, radiation and ongoing treatments, I can't complain. Yes I can, getting old sucks. I trust that you have been doing well.

• I’m very sorry to hear that and am pulling for you. Private message sent.