Introduce Yourself! - Page 7 — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Comments

• Hello all!

Guess I should throw my hat into the ring as well.... this is Ryan Stephenson, part of the team at Sarasota Rare Coin Gallery. I've been a frequent contributor to "the boards" over the last 15 years, but significantly less in the past 5. Arizona born, lived in California for over 20yrs and now a Floridian. Standard "coin person" bio; started collecting when I was 4 and progressed from there. I'll echo the sentiments of others in that it's incredibly refreshing to see a forum with such a STRONG base of knowledgeable participants. I'm very excited to see how this progresses!

• Hi all

Back into the hobby after a few decades and enjoying the learning process of transitioning from raw collections to graded ones. Started the procss by trying to put together the lowest graded ones and then realized that it was not too satisfying, so it is back to square one. Will stick to the woodworks mostly and listen in to all the experts in here.

Cheers.

• Thanks for the invitation. I'm just a small time collector from a small rural community in south eastern Idaho with no near the knowledge and experience of most all of the members here. I expect I'll be more of an observer than a prolific poster.

• Hi all, Isaiah Hageman here. Known as "The Slab King", specializing in sample slabs and counterfeit slabs. I'm the guy that offered Weinberg $1,000 for the Cricket slab at ANA back in August. You can find me on Instagram at @vamsplus and many larger coin shows. Great to meet everyone!

• Hi everyone

I’m David Hollister , just an active collector living in Connecticut. I’m putting together a CAC 50 type set of early commems, need 5 more to complete my set. I’ve attached one of my favorite photos from my collection, lovely cac’s 😅

I’’m here to share and learn ! I’ve been a CAC member for about a year , love the company and what it brings to the hobby

• Happy to join a forum with a lot of old friends, some of whom no longer roam over on CU. I have been active for around 15 years and built (and later sold) the Levoi sets of walkers and seated halves with the help of a number of friends and dealers that include Bill S of CAC and NAI, Legend, Mark Feld, Pinnacle, Mike Printz and Tom B.

Glad to see my Walker brethren -JBN and WalkerFan are here.

Anyway, I am here to learn. Looking forward to it. If I can figure it out, I will paste in my proof Buffalo icon that has been on my CU account for at least 10 years.

• edited December 2021

Hi,

Happy to join. I was HardTimes on the NGC boards back in the day. Member of CAC since 2013. Here is my avatar below. Purchased w/o a CAC sticker, wish I could find them like this more often. This is the B1 die marriage, late die state with multiple clashes and breaks. Reverse shown in actual rotated position relative to obverse. One of my major numismatic passions is photography so happy to discuss aspects of taking images any time, always happy to learn more.

Best, HT

• I decided to join after receiving an invite. Since I collect PCGS CAC Pre-33 gold I thought this would be a good place to hang out (when it's slow over at CU). Stayed with the same name here, though I have a new found drive to collect Daniel Carr items as well (unfortunately no CAC for them).

• Glad to be here, I mostly collect CAC Indian QE's and whatever else catches my eye. I've had the best luck and results with cac coins, though I am collector and not a dealer and buy for eye appeal, not to quickly flip.

• I am 52 years old and have been a serious coin collector for 6 years. Looking to collect better grade coins to achieve CAC stickers. I believe CAC certified coins will greatly enhance the value of my collection and provide a greater return when I decide to sell in my retirement years.

• I am a professional numismatist of 20+ years, formerly of Heritage, briefly of Superior and Rare Coin Wholesalers, currently with Stack's Bowers Galleries (formerly Bowers and Merena) since 2005. Also a long time fan of Liberty Seated coinage and currently collector of circulation strike Liberty Seated dollars. Looking to share thoughts and learn others' perspectives of how CAC is affecting our hobby/market both currently and in the years to come, especially in the area of Liberty Seated coinage.
  • u1chicago here to join the interesting and lively discussions. 
  • Hey guys. Know a lot of you for years and years now. For others, I have been a collector for over 50 years. I love varieties in several series and have always had a love for our classic coins. The minting process fascinates me from the old screw presses to our modern equipment and studying a nice old CBH to understand its surfaces is pure enjoyment. My interests include collecting medals as well. Look forward to learning and sharing here and wish these boards well.
  • Hey all,

Zach here, same username on CU forums. 

Thanks to CAC for the invite, already read through pretty much everything posted so far, great content!

@nalmeter since you asked, here is an 1851 to show :smile: 58 CAC also purchased from Doug...

Speaking of Doug Winter AKA @corgilover - we spoke so many times this year and I knew you had dogs, but didnt know you were a corgi fan! I have an 8 year old pem named Frank!

• edited December 2021
    Just a kid living the dream.
  • renman95 said:
     ;) 
  • renman95 said:
    Ahhh, good to see you sign up. 

• renman95 said:
    Welcome aboard. The path to 100,000 posts begins with the first comment. 

• 1630boston here, same handle as on PCGS site. :)
  • redseals said:
    Hey all,

Zach here, same username on CU forums. 

Thanks to CAC for the invite, already read through pretty much everything posted so far, great content!

@nalmeter since you asked, here is an 1851 to show :smile: 58 CAC also purchased from Doug...

Speaking of Doug Winter AKA @corgilover - we spoke so many times this year and I knew you had dogs, but didnt know you were a corgi fan! I have an 8 year old pem named Frank!

Hi Frank!!