The unexpected benefit I received when I began to collect CAC approved coins - Page 2 — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

The unexpected benefit I received when I began to collect CAC approved coins

2»

Comments

• I bought a 1932 $10 Gold Indian from GC once and I was wondering why it was taking so long to ship out. A few days passed and I started emailing them about it. Turns out, Ian Russell noticed putty on the coin that for some reason couldn't be seen in the photograph. He called me and apologized and asked what I wanted to do. They could send it over to PCGS for me, or I could take it the way it was, or get a refund. I took the refund. It was not CAC approved by the way.
  • Like some others in our hobby, Ian’s a first class guy. He make’s sure to not only take care of consignors (as expected), but he makes sure to take just as good care of his bidders! I too know this first hand, MANY times over!

Steve
  • JohnTCoin said:
    I bought a 1932 $10 Gold Indian from GC once and I was wondering why it was taking so long to ship out. A few days passed and I started emailing them about it. Turns out, Ian Russell noticed putty on the coin that for some reason couldn't be seen in the photograph. He called me and apologized and asked what I wanted to do. They could send it over to PCGS for me, or I could take it the way it was, or get a refund. I took the refund. It was not CAC approved by the way.

Thanks for sharing.  That really is 1st class!
  • I was amazed. I am by no means a "whale" of a buyer either. To have the President of the company call me personally was humbling. I haven't bought or sold anywhere else since then.