Is there a series you think CAC shouldn't consider? Is there a series CAC should consider? — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

Is there a series you think CAC shouldn't consider? Is there a series CAC should consider?

I know some think it is odd that CAC will sticker clad Ike Proofs (along with all other Ikes) yet won't work on the Jefferson or Kennedy series.
Is there a series CAC should no longer sticker and opposite, is there a series (such as Colonials?) CAC should offer opinions?

Comments

• Personally I don’t understand why Jefferson’s aren’t graded by  CAC up to say 1960 or so which might be considered the start of modern coinage. Kennedy’s should be for the 1964 issue maybe. I think around 1960-64 should be the cutoff for all series 
  • I thought CAC doesn’t review proof Ikes, only the business strike ones.
  • I wish CAC would bring back Colonial grading.
  • Proof Ikes?  I thought they did.  I was wrong.  Business strike only.
    Colonials?  Why did CAC stop?  As the striking and planchets are of such a quality, it would be challenging to maintain a consistent standard on the varieties and types.
  • Silver Roosies would be a nice addition.
  • edited January 2022
    braddick said:
    Proof Ikes?  I thought they did.  I was wrong.  Business strike only.
    Colonials?  Why did CAC stop?  As the striking and planchets are of such a quality, it would be challenging to maintain a consistent standard on the varieties and types.
    I don’t remember the exact date but it was several years ago. 

Edited: Oops, I mistakenly read your post as when rather than why. I’m not sure why. I don’t remember CAC ever offering a public explanation.
  • CAC should definitely accept 1982 No P dimes. Initially, a mint spokeswoman estimated the Strong variety mintage at 10,000. But that number is probably way too high because merely around 3,000 have been certified by PCGS and NGC in all grades combined -- and many of those few are resubmissions or crossovers of the same coins (I know that for a fact!).

Many types of fakes exist so one would think that most of the real ones have been slabbed

It is the only business strike of any denomination whose mint mark was omitted due to forgetfulness.

CAC accepts many extremely common issues like BILLION-mintage Wheat cents. This historical, 10,000-mintage key to the Roosevelt dime set is infinitely more deserving.