Coin Gets Beaned, How Does It Immediately Show Up In My CAC Registry at PCGS? — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

Coin Gets Beaned, How Does It Immediately Show Up In My CAC Registry at PCGS?

So over at PCGS I have some registry sets that are CAC sets and some that are not. If a coin in my regular sets gets sent to CAC and wins a green bean it almost immediately shows up in my CAC registry sets. It almost occurs so fast that I think the two computer systems must be linked, but they can’t be right? So how does it happen so fast? Since PCGS takes three months to grade my coins how can they update the new CAC status of a registry coin within a day?

Comments

• Good question, if the listing is as speedy as you state. I would think it is an entirely different program link, set up for that purpose as a courtesy to registrants, maybe? I am not well versed at all in the ways of cyberspace. I did see the new Matrix offering, though, and can recommend a Big Fail. 
  • PCGS probably has an agreement to download the current CAC database after it updates each day.  
  • PCGS probably has an agreement to download the current CAC database after it updates each day.  
    This would be my assumption as well. I vaguely recall some kind of agreement referred to when first introducing the CAC aspect into the registry. 
  • There was a notice that pcgs registry would be updating. I didn't think it was that fast. But yes