Conserved versus Doctored - Page 2 — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

Conserved versus Doctored

2»

Comments

• Okay, so no one will tell me what a Martin bleaching is.
    I'm going to have to make peace with that. :(
  • Answer sent to you.
  • edited January 2022
    CACfan said:

I really care little about anyone's opinion of my anonymous posts (LOL), but since you brought it up and are questioning my honesty, attached are just one month's stats from just one of my seven Ebay accounts. Note the staggering 7.6 million listing impressions and $10 million listed and sold And that is just for ONE month from ONE account.

But do not be impressed. It ain't Bill Gates money. The entire coin business does less dollar volume in one year than Wall Street does in one minute.

And I deal in relatively low profit RARE coins. Dealers who sell modern coins have extremely high profit margins and some telemarket their way into hundreds of millions annually each, as per lawsuit allegations against several firms.

ptolemyII said:

CACfan said:
    $10M listed and sold

You have contradicted yourself. As I said before.... Do not reveal your personal or company name. If you cannot secure a recommendation here from a national dealer, a simple "I can verify that @CACfan sells millions of dollars in coins every year", you can change your name to Pinocchio. I AM questioning your honesty. You spout a great deal of anonymous dreck malarkey.

Who I am is of no importance. Whomsoever you might be, your authoritative statements will likely lose their effectiveness as the inconsistencies pile up.

• Don’t tug on Superman’s cape,

Don’t spit into the wind,

Don’t pull the mask off the old Lone Ranger and

Please get back to numismatics.
  • edited January 2022
    @BustDMS Does your comment indicate a disapproval of disagreement? Do you want to talk coins only, or the coin business and industry? I did NOT interject off topic and erroneous/false information into this thread. I tried not to call @CACfan a liar. But a fabulist? His story is, as I demonstrated, patently absurd. As well as very OT. Can you contradict my observations? Can you disagree? If not, your failure to do so is enabling the deliberate spread of ignorance.

Or if you'd like it a bit differently, without Mr. Croce, you might consider that debate is an exchange of ideas. Back and forth.... Value-free except for facts. But not alternative ones. :s

Thank you for your failed attempt at moderation. :'( <3
  • Dear EVERYONE not just ptolemyII

I was just hoping this site would not take the road of another one most of us frequent.

I’m sorry if I offended anyone with my attempt at humor to nudge the discussion back towards numismatics and not personal attacks. I’m sorry my weak attempt has failed so miserably.

Perhaps some doth protest too much.

I am now through responding to this thread. I leave the last word(s) to others.
  • edited January 2022
    pablum time :s