How would you price an eye appealing gold CAC 63…at 64, 64+, 65, etc money? - Page 3 — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

How would you price an eye appealing gold CAC 63…at 64, 64+, 65, etc money?

13»

Comments

• edited January 2022
    let me ask the question about how people would feel about it as a 64 with those slide marks / scratches in prime focal areas if it was a white coin with a coppery periphery. eye appeal adds to or subtracts form a grade, it doesn't override it. If it wasn't pretty no one would think it was a 64+. I would have to see the marks in hand to know if the net grade is justified but PCGS appears to have thought so but CAC still liked it. sometimes it isn't really a difference between a great 63 and a yah-but 64
  • I won this coin from a 2010 HA auction in the holder below. It upgraded a couple of years later on a regrade to 63. Then a few years went by before I brought it to CAC as a walkthrough where it earned the gold sticker. JA came out and introduced himself, spent about 20 minutes with me explaining the difference between an A, B, and C coin, and complimented me on my coins, including this one. He also told me that he thought if I resubmitted it it would likely come back as 64+. 

• Now that gradeflation going form 62 to near gem. What is it a 1804  ;)
  • I have established in other threads I don't understand grading of CBHs very well, but it is hard to see how that coin was in a 62 holder unless the graders thought they were net grading for a slider (I don't see any wear from the photos).
  • breakdown said:
    I have established in other threads I don't understand grading of CBHs very well, but it is hard to see how that coin was in a 62 holder unless the graders thought they were net grading for a slider (I don't see any wear from the photos).
    Look at the trueview there is a not insignificant scratch on the Obv in front of the nose and several slide marks scattered around. Mint surface on here cheek is also impacted. I suspect that is what made PCGS grade her sooooo hard originally. The 63 is closer to fair, net 62 is mean, 64 is generous IMHO but understand how people bump for eye appeal 
  • Crypto
    I somehow missed the TV in this thread and that scratch (if it's a scratch) is far more prominent than in the slab photos. I agree with you that 63 seems about right if the TV is accurate.