*Updated* CAC Regular tier submissions have resumed as of 4/8 — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

*Updated* CAC Regular tier submissions have resumed as of 4/8

edited April 2022 in General
As of March 1st, 2022, CAC will be unable to process orders using our regular tier ($16). Our current backlog is at a record level. Turnaround time for completion is unacceptable and not consistent with our mission of providing great service to our members. We are hoping we can restore this service by April 1st. Please keep an eye on our website and Emails for updates on this matter.

Our resticker ($5), high value $10,000- $25,000($35) and rarities over $25,000 ($75) tiers will remain open. The only other option in our toolbox was to raise fees dramatically—again, unacceptable. I feel this is the best option.

Also- if possible, please use Federal Express as opposed to Express Mail going forward as the Bedminster Post Office has threatened to file multiple grievances against CAC. The reason: They’re Too Busy? We’re not quite sure - we’ve always treated them in a professional and friendly manner

Happy collecting! -John Albanese

Note- This change will affect all submissions postmarked 3/1/2022 and after. Coins under the $10,000 threshold may still be submitted on the $35 tier forms during this time
Tagged:

Comments

• Understandable. I thought it was highly peculiar that my most recent submission was taking almost 10 days. Hope things get back on track, but I guess on the bright side, this does show very high demand for the service that CAC offers!
  • I literally just returned from the Post Office dropping off a 16 coin submission via Priority/Registered. After working in Distribution/Logistics for the past 41 years, I would like to think this situation is unique to USPS but Fed Ex recently suspended all Domestic Heavyweight Service (>150#) leaving our company in the lurch as we ship 15 - 20 shipments per day from our Bay Area Distribution Center.

Sign of the times.
  • Hello PoinFive- we would have sent this notice even if the Post Office situation was normal. The issue is the high volume and backlog. Ja
  • JACAC said:

Hello PoinFive- we would have sent this notice even if the Post Office situation was normal. The issue is the high volume and backlog. Ja

Thanks JA. I understand but I'm reluctant to say I hope things return to "normal" soon as a high volume of business can be a good problem to have. But a problem, nonetheless. Good luck!

Tim
  • JA:

Retirement is certainly not in sight for you! LOL.
  • I don't have submission priveleges yet, but I'm supposed to get my Welcome Kit soon. I wouldn't mind shipping Fed Ex but not sure how I would insure it. Fed Ex will not insure coins.

Too much business is a good problem to have but I know that it's still a problem none the less. I have it as well with my construction company. I don't mind the increase in submission pricing. I understand completely.

John
  • JohnTCoin said:

I don't have submission priveleges yet, but I'm supposed to get my Welcome Kit soon. I wouldn't mind shipping Fed Ex but not sure how I would insure it. Fed Ex will not insure coins.

Too much business is a good problem to have but I know that it's still a problem none the less. I have it as well with my construction company. I don't mind the increase in submission pricing. I understand completely.

John

You could get a private insurance policy with a company that offers rare coin insurance for FedEx and other areas of coverage.
  • JACAC said:

Hello PoinFive- we would have sent this notice even if the Post Office situation was normal. The issue is the high volume and backlog. Ja

Maybe you should get off this chat board and back to finalizing.... :D ;) B)
  • Hello JohnT. Registered mail is fine.  Many dealers have to option of using Fed Express or Express Mail -  We’ll still process Express Mail packages but would prefer Federal Express   My employees and CAC’s business  are no longer welcome in Bedminster NJ.   
  • I cringe at the thought of using Fedex. I have always been a big fan of Registered Mail. I have so much confidence in Reggies that I never insure beyond $100.

But you bet I have at times wondered about the logistics of any one city P.O. (think Newport Beach, etc.) being overwhelmed by the handling of a huge number of such.

• I didn’t know USPS can choose it’s workload or officially complain about it?
  • Hello Mulberry. We have simply asked them to do their mandated tasks. Their response was threatening to file multiple grievances against us.  We’ve surrendered for now and are using another Post Office that is happy to be of service.  Ja 
  • MarkFeld said:

JohnTCoin said:

I don't have submission priveleges yet, but I'm supposed to get my Welcome Kit soon. I wouldn't mind shipping Fed Ex but not sure how I would insure it. Fed Ex will not insure coins.

John

You could get a private insurance policy with a company that offers rare coin insurance for FedEx and other areas of coverage.
    I use ship and insure. Competitively priced.

https://www.shipandinsure.com/

• JACAC said:
    Hello Mulberry. We have simply asked them to do their mandated tasks. Their response was threatening to file multiple grievances against us.  We’ve surrendered for now and are using another Post Office that is happy to be of service.  Ja 
    No wonder the post office is always broke
  • I wonder with whom they would file such grievances?  Hopefully, your new post office will provide better service. It’s only their job as you noted. BTW, I have found your turnaround times to be great. I often wondered how you could get the coins out so timely. Nice job. 
  • Should my current submission be sent to your physical address at
    CAC
     1420 US Highway 206
     Suite 110
     Bedminster, NJ 07921
  • skier07 said:
    I don't have submission priveleges yet, but I'm supposed to get my Welcome Kit soon. I wouldn't mind shipping Fed Ex but not sure how I would insure it. Fed Ex will not insure coins. Too much business is a good problem to have but I know that it's still a problem none the less. I have it as well with my construction company. I don't mind the increase in submission pricing. I understand completely. John
    I use ship and insure. Competitively priced. https://www.shipandinsure.com/
    Looks like a good insurance company. Thanks for letting us know about them.
  • JACAC said:

Hello Mulberry. We have simply asked them to do their mandated tasks. Their response was threatening to file multiple grievances against us.  We’ve surrendered for now and are using another Post Office that is happy to be of service.  Ja 

John - if anyone is threatening to file grievances, it should be you and your team. Sorry to hear about this issue.

Tim
  • JACAC said:

Hello JohnT. Registered mail is fine.  Many dealers have to option of using Fed Express or Express Mail -  We’ll still process Express Mail packages but would prefer Federal Express   My employees and CAC’s business  are no longer welcome in Bedminster NJ.   

Hey JA,

I was going to say, the nice thing about being where you are is that there is a whole bunch of post offices local to you. Best of luck getting things straightened out... I would also suggest filing a complaint with USPS customer service, I've personally had good luck using this method to get results since everything is in writing as soon as you submit the complaint. I'd file it about personnel myself, since I'm assuming the manager of Bedminster is throwing a fit, but YMMV.

https://emailus.usps.com/s/

• Thanks fadetoblack- we feel this will be rectified in the coming months. The Post Office issue is in no connected to our 30 quiet period on economy submissions. Ja 
This discussion has been closed.