Forum Feedback - Page 3 — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

Forum Feedback

Comments

• Somehow name a category for the majority of coins.   There's a PICTURES thread but everyone starts new threads to ....show...... different coins.  
    It takes a lot of scrolling now.   A category for all the PICTURES (with comments) could make it a bit easier to find.

Maybe (thinking out loud ...uh...typing out loud.... er... well, you know.

maybe " Coins prior to: pick a date or type...   

??

• I have mulled this over myself but I haven't come up with any solution that doesn't result in the same thing which is lots of threads with lots of pictures. The pictures thread will bait the majority of those posts, which I think is OK because it creates a lot of centralized content that is easily consumed.  If this were spread over 20+ threads it would segment this already small board considerably, I think.
  • I can see the difficulty.  My thinking was to establish some categories that would be pretty broad but not as broad as ....everything... on one page.
    Perhaps   Early gold 1795-1838, US Gold 1839-Present
    Early Dollars, Dollars Morgan & Peace, Modern Dollars
    etc etc etc.
    Broad divisions within denominations.
    Concentration of interest.

............or not.     :D
  • The only problem is having categories for them won't stop people from making new threads that are essentially picture posts about coins for which threads already exist. Maybe even broader strokes would work, but the gold/silver categories haven't really taken off.  It will be a fluid process of adding and checking :smile:
  • P.S. We really need a like, disagree, lol, and an agree buttons.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited December 2021
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • marcmoish said:
    P.S. We really need a like, disagree, lol, and an agree buttons.

Then I wouldn't have to agree with a 1400% greater chance of carpal tunnel syndrome.
    True, but I know you'd appreciate it too, lol!
  • edited December 2021
    If the "Pictures" thread were a category in itself, most of the "Show us your......." posts could go there and I.....think... more would be seen (or easier to refer to later).   Maybe a 'sticky' topic.

...........maybe.     ;)
  • marcmoish said:
    P.S. We really need a like, disagree, lol, and an agree buttons.

I also like these options.
  • Pyrite said:
    If the "Pictures" thread were a category in itself, most of the "Show us your......." posts could go there and I.....think... more would be seen (or easier to refer to later).   Maybe a 'sticky' topic.

...........maybe.     ;)
    Maybe, indeed! Could still run into the same issue that users will still continue to make new threads about those coins even though categories exist for them. Of course, as the forum grows, we will actually start closing those new threads that could go into more intuitive categories.  But for now, we enjoy the content.
  • Can't mods .....move.....threads?
    I'm now finding unread posts buried in back pages.
     :| 
  • Pyrite said:
    Can't mods .....move.....threads?
    I'm now finding unread posts buried in back pages.
     :| 

We can move threads to other categories but we can't put new topics inside of older topics. Unread posts in deeper pages sounds odd. Were there new threads posted between these? That would be my only explanation. 
  • Ahhhh....just found it.  I was going to ask what "Categories" are.  Then now I notice the list on the right side of the page.   
    That might help.
     B) 
  • Will CAC forums offer a BST section? If I've overlooked it please direct me. Thank you.
  • VanHalen said:
    Will CAC forums offer a BST section? If I've overlooked it please direct me. Thank you.

We do not currently have one but we are looking into creating such a section. Stay tuned!
  • TurtleCat said:

As much as I love coin pictures, and take them myself, I’d like to see a forum specifically for glamour pics of coins to keep them out of the general discussion areas. And, by the same token, if there will be lots of “guess the grade” then a forum for that would be good.

Much agreed!
  • LeeG1957 said:
    TurtleCat said:

As much as I love coin pictures, and take them myself, I’d like to see a forum specifically for glamour pics of coins to keep them out of the general discussion areas. And, by the same token, if there will be lots of “guess the grade” then a forum for that would be good.

Much agreed!
    Yes from me too.
  • I just happened to click on Activity and I see what look like PMs sent between other forum items.  I am thinking that they anticipated these being private?
  • I just happened to click on Activity and I see what look like PMs sent between other forum items.  I am thinking that they anticipated these being private?
    I've seen this on other forums, too. People are posting on the user's wall. They may be intending to send a private message but they are making a public post. If you click on a user's profile and post on wall that's what you'll see. I added to your wall. You have to specifically click "Message" to send a message. It's easy to miss but that's what is happening.