Forum Feedback - Page 4 — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

Forum Feedback

Comments

• TurtleCat said:
    I just happened to click on Activity and I see what look like PMs sent between other forum items.  I am thinking that they anticipated these being private?
    I've seen this on other forums, too. People are posting on the user's wall. They may be intending to send a private message but they are making a public post. If you click on a user's profile and post on wall that's what you'll see. I added to your wall. You have to specifically click "Message" to send a message. It's easy to miss but that's what is happening.
    Ahhh, yes.  I remember now.  Thanks
  • Can we resurrect Colonel Jessup? Pretty please.
    Someone said he took his ball and went home rather than being asked to go. So it's up to him.
    I’m glad he is gone! More then half his posts were negativity. 

I am not of any meaningful importance to the hobby, that would justify agreeing or disagreeing with the request.

I have been informed that the last resurrection was 1,989 years ago. That would suggest that we may be due for a repeat performance.

Others can be the Judge. I don't do that.
  • edited January 2022
    He requested his own ban. If he wants to come back, he knows where to find us
  • Oops. It is like reading a WAPO article after all the facts are known.
    Maybe re-up him as LIEUTENANT Jessup.... ??

:D 
  • Pyrite said:
    Can we resurrect Colonel Jessup? Pretty please.
    Maybe re-up him as LIEUTENANT Jessup.... ??

:D 
    No……Colonel is appropriate. After all the former leader of Libya was a colonel…….

I already miss using my Thesaurus to understand his posts. 
  • edited January 2022
    @BigMoose thinks he's using @CACfan as his "alt" :*

There was a thread on CU six months ago or so where someone called him "Corporal Ketchup" :o

Before he got banned at CU his sig-line pretentiously bragged he was a curmudgeon.
  • Can we please get an Ignore User feature?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

I would allow users to block comments from certain other users, such as [Deleted User]. And allow thumbs up and thumbs down for all comments.
  • edited April 2022
    I think it is a great forum, very interesting, and helps me understand the dynamics of CAC.
  • edited April 2022
    CACfan said:
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    I would allow users to block comments from certain other users, such as [Deleted User]. And allow thumbs up and thumbs down for all comments.

I think I could use these features about now as they are very useful .
  • For those wondering how to disable e-mail notifications:
    PonyUp said:

On the home page, you accidentally pushed the star right of the title of this thread. It should show as gold. Push it again to unhighlight it and you will stop getting the email notification

• I'm not sure if it was ever really addressed and my apologies if it was, but could we revisit the topic of adding "Like" "Agree" and "lol" buttons? It adds another another layer of depth to the user experience, and it makes it easier to see where the consensus lies, especially in threads soliciting feedback or suggestions from the members.
  • I'm not sure if it was ever really addressed and my apologies if it was, but could we revisit the topic of adding "Like" "Agree" and "lol" buttons? It adds another another layer of depth to the user experience, and it makes it easier to see where the consensus lies, especially in threads soliciting feedback or suggestions from the members.

I would hit the “Like” and “Agree” button on this if it were here.
  • edited December 2022
    I agree that a like, agree and lol options would add value here. 
  •      You should invite someone from Stacks Bowers to join the forum. I really enjoy Vicken Yegparian's articles in coin world. I  would love to hear some of his thoughts and ideas around here. @CAC_Team
        Just wanted to throw the suggestion out there. I was thinking about that quite awhile ago.
  •  I think the right decision was made regarding banning the member who caused so much discourse .     A lot of guys are really friggin happy with that decision .   Thank you 

I wasn’t trying to cause drama or attract attention, but I was definitely at my ropes end and leaving for good.      Individually who cares , but when lots of members are thinking the same thing ( leaving ) then we know we have a problem.  

The life was being sucked out of us , I started hating the hobby and thought about giving it all up.    A bit dramatic perhaps but I don’t have the patience to deal with the negativity , snide remarks or frustration that comes from not being able to ring the guys neck since he hides in anonymity .  🤓

Thanks again