Current Turn-Around Times — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

Current Turn-Around Times

I have a 20 coin $16 tier received 2/22 before the service freeze announcement that hasn't had any updates which puts the order on 17 business days. I know the backlog is unprecedented but I am curious what the current turnaround time people are experiencing for this tier received prior to the announcement, or perhaps some metrics from CAC if available? I had two coins on the $35 tier received on 3/7 and shipped 3/9 which was certainly appreciated!

Comments

• I haven’t submitted anything this year but my submissions at that tier last year turned around in 5 business days from their receipt to their shipping back. 
  • I had three separate small submissions received by CAC on February 15th, and they were shipped out to me on March 3rd.
  • We are currently processing shipments received on 2/24-25.  Your 2/22 package should be on its way. Have you received an email from cac in the last 2 days?  Thank you for your patience. Ja 
  • JACAC said:

We are currently processing shipments received on 2/24-25.  Your 2/22 package should be on its way. Have you received an email from cac in the last 2 days?  Thank you for your patience. Ja 

JA, I had a submission delivered 2/25. Does that mean it’ll be done today or tomorrow?
  • It’s getting there. We received a huge amount of coins on the 25th Ja 
  • Thank you CAC Team for the work that you do!
    My last submission of 8 coins was received by CAC on 2-22-2022. I was notified on  3-14 that it was on its way back to me. 
       I am very happy about one particular coin that  received a green sticker!  

• You can discover the approval/rejection decisions one to four days before you receive the official email. Just enter the slab serial numbers. To me, it is the most exciting part of the whole process, yet I am apparently the only person who does it.
  • I do it too, but for my early March results, it didn’t show up until only several hours before the email.
  • CACfan said:

You can discover the approval/rejection decisions one to four days before you receive the official email. Just enter the slab serial numbers. To me, it is the most exciting part of the whole process, yet I am apparently the only person who does it.

I do the same thing, but I usually only see results the morning that I get the shipping email.
  • vamsplus said:

CACfan said:

You can discover the approval/rejection decisions one to four days before you receive the official email. Just enter the slab serial numbers. To me, it is the most exciting part of the whole process, yet I am apparently the only person who does it.

I do the same thing, but I usually only see results the morning that I get the shipping email.
    I agree!

Steve
  • I lost the bead on this topic and am just now seeing the additional responses. Thank you John for the response. I did receive the shipment notification and results on Tuesday, March 15.
  • Per pcgs, they’re backed up 3-4 weeks uploading true views to the web server. So I patiently sit with my coins waiting for the A/v crew to do…what?

• Per pcgs, they’re backed up 3-4 weeks uploading true views to the web server. So I patiently sit with my coins waiting for the A/v crew to do…what?

There's a lot that goes into uploading TVs, more than just shooting the photo and uploading it. Phil has a crew of people that put the photo in the nice logo background frame, add the cert number, and upload it to the database. One of my good friends works for Phil (part time) and he said he does roughly several hundred TV uploads in a shift.
  • My PCGS order turnaround time seemed fast, from what I was expecting. Mailed it out 2-28 registered  and received it today
      3-21.    My grades could have been better? 
    I doubt that cac would sticker.
  • I'm doing a show in Georgia starting April 8 and my 98 coins were received on 2/28. Any chance I will get those back in time to make the show? I appreciate you all taking time to do it right, but some of those green beans will make a difference since I'm not doing another show till August!
  • Per JA, he is working on subs we received on the 1st of this month so you are in the clear, VDBCoins.
  • I received my  cac shipment today, Thank you very much! I  appreciate all of the CAC_Team!  
      I am getting ready to study and hopefully learn from the results. 
      (Received by CAC 2-22, mailed back 3-14)
    Sometimes the registered mail is slow around here....
  • that's good to hear. Registered mail can be very erratic, for sure.
  • CAC_Team said:

Per JA, he is working on subs we received on the 1st of this month so you are in the clear, VDBCoins.

Great to hear, thank you for all you do. Kind regards, George / VDBCoins
  • Got my submission back today (received 2/25)! Interesting results, to say the least. Can't wait for the next sub when y'all open back up! For now I'll restrict myself to sitting on the chat boards and saving coins for the sub.