1886 PCGS 64 CAC $ on eBay 10 hr to go. Bid up too high IMO — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

1886 PCGS 64 CAC $ on eBay 10 hr to go. Bid up too high IMO

edited March 2022 in Silver Coins
It currently has ten hours to go. I don’t think it’s above a B coin if that much (dig on cheek) but looks really nice otherwise.  Its at $132.  Way over what I would normally offer / bid on it (70 pct CPG).  CPG $133.  CDN bid $102.  They keep bidding these up and I have not bought anything in awhile.  I would probably go $110 but already losing deal for me.

Not somebody bid up with speculation will go up.  Been there done that and got burned.  Want more CAC coins for inventory but not buyer out of comfort zone.  The above example sums up my dilemma.  

Comments

• You need to find a vest dealer that grades/cac's stuff but hates dealing with retail. That's the easy way to get more CAC material, if you aren't making it yourself.
  • You need to find a vest dealer that grades/cac's stuff but hates dealing with retail. That's the easy way to get more CAC material, if you aren't making it yourself.

That's basically what I do at this point. Buy coins, send to CAC, and then turn at a wholesale profit. Keeps me in constant fresh inventory and not sitting on retail material forever since I don't have a brick/mortar shop.
  • vamsplus said:

You need to find a vest dealer that grades/cac's stuff but hates dealing with retail. That's the easy way to get more CAC material, if you aren't making it yourself.

That's basically what I do at this point. Buy coins, send to CAC, and then turn at a wholesale profit. Keeps me in constant fresh inventory and not sitting on retail material forever since I don't have a brick/mortar shop.
    I do a bit of everything, but generally won't wholesale graded material. Starting to second guess chunks of my business model due to recent events (namely, sold some decent raw material and it went bonkers), but otherwise, that is the game right now.