Amazing Indian Cent Variety Site — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

Amazing Indian Cent Variety Site

Indianvarieties.com lists every true die variety reported to it. Just enter the date and the variety list appears, everything from doubled dies to die clashes. Most entries include photomicrographs.

As a dealer, I have found that collectors and even other dealers will pay extra for any variety, even if it is not notated on the TPG insert. PCGS will note any variety if they agree with it but will likely call it "minor" if it is unlisted in any major reference. NGC only recognizes varieties listed in its Variety Plus site.

Varieties are yet another enjoyable way to collect coins. I wish that CAC would list more major varieties in its pop report.

Comments

• While I have absolutely no desire to collect by variety, this is invaluable information! I periodically upgrade coins in the “special” IHC set that I’m putting together that is now 80% complete, so before I sell those dupes, I can now check that great website to see if the coins I sell are varieties.

Thanks so very much @CACfan for providing this information!

Steve
  • While I have absolutely no desire to collect by variety, this is invaluable information! I periodically upgrade coins in the “special” IHC set that I’m putting together that is now 80% complete, so before I sell those dupes, I can now check that great website to see if the coins I sell are varieties.

Thanks so very much @CACfan for providing this information!

Steve

Do not thank me until you have actually tried the site. There are 76 varieties for the 1906 alone. That's a lot of checking! Nonetheless, it is exciting when you find a valuable variety.