CAC approved Seated Liberty Dollars - Page 5 — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

CAC approved Seated Liberty Dollars

Comments

• Sorry I missed the CAC in the question. Not all are CAC. They are still nice.
  • gschwenk said:

Sorry I missed the CAC in the question. Not all are CAC. They are still nice.

those are very nice! Like the 1851!
  • edited August 2022
    Is this an acceptable spin ... she is seated in the opposite direction & oops .... it is copper not silver

'

• Is this an acceptable spin ... she is seated in the opposite direction & oops .... it is copper not silver

'

Absolutely! She is beautiful!
  • @retirednow

That is an amazing pattern. Keep them coming!

• Did you get this one from RCNH? They had a very similar looking one for sale a few years ago, I reached out, they didn't respond, sent an email two days later, and sold it then. Never really gotten over it, so if that's the coin, I'd love to buy it from you whenever you're ready to move on.
  • SeatedNut said:

She is nice. Always had trouble with finding a nice 1847 until the last few years.
  • It’s funny how these common dates like the 1847 can be a thorn in your side. It seems like every set builder has a certain common date that proves to be much harder then the population would let on. For me it’s the 1871$. Still looking for the right upgrade.
  • SeatedNut said:

@retirednow

That is an amazing pattern. Keep them coming!

OK ... here is another CAC Seaated dollar (still not silver).

This is a James B. Longacre's Indian Princess design featuring Liberty seated beside a globe, wearing an Indian headdress. It might be interesting to note that this piece maybe a bit unusual as the reverse die rotated a few degrees clockwise between the two blows, leaving all the legends and devices of the first impression as a faint remnant just to the left of the dominant strike.

• @retirednow That is an amazing pattern. Keep them coming!
    OK ... here is another CAC Seaated dollar (still not silver). This is a James B. Longacre's Indian Princess design featuring Liberty seated beside a globe, wearing an Indian headdress. It might be interesting to note that this piece maybe a bit unusual as the reverse die rotated a few degrees clockwise between the two blows, leaving all the legends and devices of the first impression as a faint remnant just to the left of the dominant strike.
    I like it!
  • @retirednow these are really cool patterns. Thank you for sharing with us.
  • @skier07 I love the original crust on that 1846.
  • I have one with some nice color- 1836 Original J-60, Medal Alignment, PR64+ CAC

That coin is striking looking! I’ve seen it in hand, as I screened it for the winning bidder in an auction several years ago. It’s easily among the most colorful Gobrecht dollars I’ve ever seen.
  • Here is one at the opposite end of the grading scale from my AG Type Set. 
  • @LarryC - love your low ball. Do you have any others? Over the last 4 months I’ve noticed an unusual amount of lower graded SLDs hitting the market. Coast coin had many low balls that seemed bottomless for a while. A decent percentage were CAC approved. I think they kind of set the market price for them. HLRC had a sweet 1843 $ pcgs PO1 CAC that they were asking extremely strong money for. Had it been more reasonably priced I would have pounced. But someone eventually bought the piece. Heritage also recently sold of a large group of lower graded better dates. Someone definitely released a hoard.
  • One of the goals for my type set is to have every grade represented. This is as good as it gets for the Poor 01 grade. I had to pay up in an HA auction for it as I probably competed with Lowball Registry set buyers. I sent it in to CAC and was happy with the endorsement! 
  • What if CAC did NOT endorse your PO01 coin? What does it mean when a coin is not solid for a poor 01 grade? :D