CAC approved Seated Liberty Dollars - Page 7 — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

CAC approved Seated Liberty Dollars

Comments

• How far can the seated dollar craze go on?
    Seems stretched pretty thin on some of them.
  • They’re still under valued if you consider their rarity.
  • I love my 1845! Even though it is not stickered. My first seated dollar and one that I will not sell.
  • Pyrite said:

How far can the seated dollar craze go on?

Forever…….

• Adding to this great thread. One of my 1869 seated dollars.

• Such a beautiful coin Luster. Ex-Gardner? Go Hawkeyes.
  • Nic said:

Such a beautiful coin Luster. Ex-Gardner? Go Hawkeyes.

Nic: Thank you and you are such a smart man. Correct on one account and incorrect on another. Correct on Ex-Gardner, incorrect on rooting for the Pigeons.

Fun thing is the above coin is the #2 69' in the collection.
  • Luster said:

Nic said:

Nic: Thank you and you are such a smart man. Correct on one account and incorrect on another. Correct on Ex-Gardner, incorrect on rooting for the Pigeons.

I am amazed that a clone spelled pigeon correctly. Still upset about the pig trophy?

Which of your 69's do you like best?

• Oh Yeah on the 59-P….Stunner!…and super sleeper date as well…..
  • Nic said:

Luster said:

Nic said:

I am amazed that a clone spelled pigeon correctly. Still upset about the pig trophy?

Which of your 69's do you like best?

Ha! Well, spelling is a challenge.

I have two CAC 1869's. A MS65 and a MS66+.
  • Agree on spelling being a challenge! You have great taste, in coins, sir.
  • One of my favorite coins.
    My 1870-CC $1, PCGS VF35 CAC.

• One of my favorite coins.
    My 1870-CC $1, PCGS VF35 CAC.

BRO !!!!!!!! :D

Enamored of the FIRST Carson City dollar, I went through umpteen of them and...finally... bit a small bullet and did the CAC thingy.
    B)
  • Pyrite said:

Enamored of the FIRST Carson City dollar, I went through umpteen of them and...finally... bit a small bullet and did the CAC thingy.

--------

Very Nice!!!

When I first started collecting I was focused almost entirely on proof and uncirculated coins, and didn't pay much attention to circulation grades, especially those below AU. I have since done a 180-pivot and am now focussed mostly on circulation grade business strikes in this series as well as the other series that I'm interested in. My 1870-CC $1 had a lot to do with that. I like the "used" look more and more every time I look at this coin and others like it. CAC helps a lot with that. It's usually easier on the wallet too.

That said, I still appreciate the sharp look of a nice proof or uncirculated coin. Speaking of which, here is my lone CAC-approved proof Liberty Seated Dollar: 1863 PCGS PR64 CAC.

• That’s a beautiful proof example that I’d be proud to own.
  • Fabulous five 👍
  • skier07 said:

Awesome Skier07! Which one is your favorite?
  • They’re all attractive looking but the 1871 is my favorite despite it being a “common” date.