Does encapsulation equal successful crossover — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

Does encapsulation equal successful crossover

edited April 2022 in General

I am trying to cross a NGC peace dollar to a PCGS holder. Does encapsulation mean crossed successfully or not necessarily 

Comments

• edited April 2022
    NO, you can still get a DNC... as I did last week :'( And when it gets to QA you'll find out the difference between Verification and "Forever" is very very small. But I'd guess about a week at most based on my one cross-over submission earlier this month,
  • ptolemyII said:
    NO, you can still get a DNC... as I did last week :'( And when it gets to QA you'll find out the difference between Verification and "Forever" is very very small. But I'd guess about a week at most based on my one cross-over submission earlier this month,
    Thanks for the information 
  • I’m done with crossing over until such a time I feel that the politics are out of it and they start thinking about the customers.   I’ve sent in coins that were definitely in a grade but they DNC across the board all ms 67 Saints .

Yet they still get the $$$ 

I hope your Peace Dollar goes through .   

Did you request cross at same grade or leave it open ?    I think you have a greater chance with a 1922 Peace Dollar though .  I’m thinking you’ll be fine .
  • I’m done with crossing over until such a time I feel that the politics are out of it and they start thinking about the customers.   I’ve sent in coins that were definitely in a grade but they DNC across the board all ms 67 Saints .

Yet they still get the $$$ 

I hope your Peace Dollar goes through .   

Did you request cross at same grade or leave it open ?    I think you have a greater chance with a 1922 Peace Dollar though .  I’m thinking you’ll be fine .
    Yeah it’s a NGC older holder 64 lustrous and very clean with a green CAC  sticker. I requested same or higher. If it doesn’t cross it would be a shock to me. Ms 67 Saints I guess are tough I don’t collect them , so I have no knowledge of what it takes to cross to PCGS.
  • I am not real sure, but I believe that you have  not completed a crossover yet.
      Anyhow, I was really wondering how long that it has taken so far? I might send some coins to PCGS, but don't want to wait too long. I hope they are catching up and getting back to a normal time frame!
  • WilliamJ said:
    I am not real sure, but I believe that you have  not completed a crossover yet.
      Anyhow, I was really wondering how long that it has taken so far? I might send some coins to PCGS, but don't want to wait too long. I hope they are catching up and getting back to a normal time frame!
    PCGS logged it in 3/23. They told me they are more behind now, hopefully they will complete by next week making it approximately a month 
  • A month isn't too bad.
  • Why would you cross a 1922 Peace Dollar?
  • skier07 said:
    Why would you cross a 1922 Peace Dollar?
    Why not ?  Maybe he’s putting together a CAC set of peace dollars .  Maybe he just likes the coin .  Maybe he hates NGC !  🤓😆

I would cross it over too but I’m the uneducated guy around here, but I sure do enjoy the hobby .   Ignorance is bliss they say !  😉🤗
  • skier07 said:
    Why not ?  Maybe he’s putting together a CAC set of peace dollars .  Maybe he just likes the coin .  Maybe he hates NGC !  🤓😆

I would cross it over too but I’m the uneducated guy around here, but I sure do enjoy the hobby .   Ignorance is bliss they say !  😉🤗
    I don’t like the aesthetics of the NGC holder but really liked the coin very much when I bought it and made an exception that day. Expensive but I need PCGS holders as everything in my collection is PCGS 
  • Stevie said:
    skier07 said:

I don’t like the aesthetics of the NGC holder but really liked the coin very much when I bought it and made an exception that day. Expensive but I need PCGS holders as everything in my collection is PCGS 
    I’ve gone the same direction and have done the same thing at times in the past.   In fact one of my most beautiful coins came out of an NGC holder , crossed over then JA CAC stickered it .  So it can happen .
  • edited April 2022
    mod edit
  • edited April 2022
    mod edit: You can disagree with some one without being so dismissive. I have sent you a message regarding this matter
  • edited April 2022
    Wabbit said:
    There is a difference between crossing a 66+ Saint and a $60 Peace Dollar. Then back to CAC for even more charges. This Kid now owns coins that are worth way less than the grading and shipping fees, by far. He will now smart off about how it is his money, but then don't post here, if you never want to learn.
    Wabbit said:
    Ms 67 Saints I guess are tough I don’t collect them , so I have no knowledge of what it takes to cross to PCGS.
    I am still chuckling at this. Please share which coins you DO have knowledge and advice on crossing.

Wow , why you being such a jerk ?

It’s people like you that make regular decent people leave websites and stop using the Internet forums .   

Really nasty comments that are uncalled for .

• edited April 2022
    Wabbit said:
    There is a difference between crossing a 66+ Saint and a $60 Peace Dollar. Then back to CAC for even more charges. This Kid now owns coins that are worth way less than the grading and shipping fees, by far. He will now smart off about how it is his money, but then don't post here, if you never want to learn.
    You have a certain hostility for no reason. I spend money because I don’t like a holder and you exude a arrogant attitude. Guys like you have no love for the hobby just see dollar sign’s. My peace dollar is special because it has a gorgeous blazing bright gold color which I paid $145. Go find another in a sea of bright white monotonous peace dollars. I am 70 not a kid you disrespectful fool.
    Why don’t you pick on people who overspend on Uber common Uber high grade coins.
  • Very nice Peace Dollar Stevie
  • edited April 2022
    Very nice Peace Dollar Stevie
    Thanks Vincent. I would like to find a similar one in MS65+ or 66. Back of that peace dollar is also very lustrous just didn’t photograph properly 
  • Stevie said:
    skier07 said:

I’ve gone the same direction and have done the same thing at times in the past.   In fact one of my most beautiful coins came out of an NGC holder , crossed over then JA CAC stickered it .  So it can happen .
    Stevie said:
    skier07 said:

Pretty looking Saint. Really nice. From what I understand about Saints many have either knee rub or other high point friction
  • There’s no (good) excuse for the language used by at least a couple of posters to this thread.

“1. Treat others with respect. Do not attack other posters.”
  • My bad Gents. I seem to have mistook Stevie for someone else. Sorry Stevie.