CAC and Jefferson Nickels — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CAC and Jefferson Nickels

Does anybody know the official reason why  CAC doesn’t grade Jefferson Nickels as their are a few dates in the 1930’s as well as many in the 1940’s, yet they grade Washington quarters.

Comments

• I think the original reason given was that the Jeff and Roosie markets were too thin for CAC to make a market in them. As a collector of those.... shh... don't give them ideas.
  • Jeffersons could end in 1964 like the Washingtons. On the other hand, aren't they busy enough?
  • mcpix said:
    Jeffersons could end in 1964 like the Washingtons. On the other hand, aren't they busy enough?
    Was just wondering as I don’t collect Jefferson’s and have no stake in wether they ever grade them 
  • I was always curious about the WW2 nickels and find the history behind them pretty cool!
  • The only Washington quarters I have are the 2004 high leaf and low leaf. I had quite a few and made pretty good money off them. I still have a few.
  • I'm sure most Jefferson collectors look forward to that happening one day.
  • Here’s a fun Jeff with a bean for you 🙂
  • CAC does accept some Jefferson nickels:

1938-1942 proofs
    1939 DDO-1
    1943/2
    1949-D/S

Most of the other dates are too common for finicky CAC to accept. Of the accepted ones, I only like the 1949-D/S. My MS66 CAC's sold like hotcakes at any reasonable price but my MS67's were rejected by CAC and extremely difficult to move for a profit, which is no surprise given the enormous price difference between those two grades.