My Nomination for the Most Attractive Retail Website That Advertises CAC Coins - Page 2 — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

My Nomination for the Most Attractive Retail Website That Advertises CAC Coins

Comments

• edited May 2022
    CACfan said:

I was referring only to the aesthetics of the website, not its functionality, amount of coins listed, values offered, dealer popularity, or any other criterion.

I repeat, the winner is paradimecoins.com.

By a landslide!

The most vacuous reason for buying is buying into the pseudo-credibility the internet affords.

You can put lipstick on a pig. @CACfan evidently prefers sizzle to steak. I want to see his selling platforms. He should be doing 100 times their volume based on his purported market presence.

Are you as bored with the deflections as I am? My question for the enigmatic major retailer: Where's the beef? o:)

• edited May 2022
    ptolemyII said:

CACfan said:

I was referring only to the aesthetics of the website, not its functionality, amount of coins listed, values offered, dealer popularity, or any other criterion.

By a landslide!

The most vacuous reason for buying is buying into the pseudo-credibility the internet affords.

You can put lipstick on a pig. @CACfan evidently prefers sizzle to steak. I want to see his selling platforms. He should be doing 100 times their volume based on his purported market presence.

Are you as bored with the deflections as I am? My question for the enigmatic major retailer: Where's the beef? o:)

[deleted]
  • edited May 2022
    @CACfan, yes, your vote is your opinion. @MarkFeld and I were referring to your apparent count of all the opinions, including those other than yours, when you chose to say the winner is paradimecoins.com by a landslide! Perhaps we would not have interpreted your comment that way had instead you said something like “that website is heads and shoulders above the others in terms of appearance”.
  • @CACfan, yes, your vote is your opinion. @MarkFeld and I were referring to your apparent count of all the opinions, including those other than yours, when you chose to say the winner is paradimecoins.com by a landslide! Perhaps we would not have interpreted your comment that way had instead you said something like “that website is heads and shoulders above the others in terms of appearance”.

"By a landslide" is a blatant metaphor and thus not to be taken literally. But I am not a politician, so I could not care less about whiny misinterpretations.
  • I was not suggesting that term be taken literally, as in tremendous amount of dirt falling down a mountain. I interpret that term the way it is typically used, such as how a vote turns out, when one choice wins by a very large margin, such as 62% to 38% for example. So that’s why @MarkFeld and I each chuckled when you chose to use the phrase “the winner…by a landslide”.
  • edited May 2022
    CACfan said:

ptolemyII said:

CACfan said:

By a landslide!

What do you have against Paradime? I have actually done five figures of business with them. Regardless, their website is a beautiful work of art.
    Their website may be a beautiful work of art but their coin knowledge and financial situation, in the past, has caused me to lack confidence. In fairness, I have dealer friends who are quite happy with their wholesale transactions.
    However, my argument is with your vacuousness. And vagueness. You might well be some coin shop employee, even a counterman, but I haven't seen you manifest an iota of actual numismatic knowledge.

Your facade is lacking :s
    My guess is that vote would be tabulated as a landslide.
  • edited May 2022
    ptolemyII said:

CACfan said:

ptolemyII said:

CACfan said:

By a landslide!

What do you have against Paradime? I have actually done five figures of business with them. Regardless, their website is a beautiful work of art.
    Their website may be a beautiful work of art but their coin knowledge and financial situation, in the past, has caused me to lack confidence. In fairness, I have dealer friends who are quite happy with their wholesale transactions.
    However, my argument is with your vacuousness. And vagueness. You might well be some coin shop employee, even a counterman, but I haven't seen you manifest an iota of actual numismatic knowledge.

Your facade is lacking :s
    My guess is that vote would be tabulated as a landslide.
    [deleted]
  • CACfan said:

MarkFeld said:

By a landslide? Really?

Yes, really, (assuming his vote is the only one that counts and he can vote as often as he wishes).😉
    Excuse me for giving my opinion.
    The issue isn’t that you gave your opinion. It’s that a “landslide” requires far more than one vote, regardless of who’s it is.
  • 🍿 

Some guys really bring out the best in others .

Makes for good entertainment.  🤓
  • edited May 2022

🍿 

Some guys really bring out the best in others .

Makes for good entertainment.  🤓

Someone get this man a bigger popcorn emoji. :#
  • Paradime’s website is stunning.  I agree- by a landslide ! 
  • An avalanche of support is emerging. B)
  • Pyrite said:

An avalanche of support is emerging. B)

A veritable tidal wave!😄
  • Tsunami!
  • edited May 2022
    I don't know if it's a hurricane, but I suspect instead it's just a lot of "hot air".
  • edited May 2022
    I voted three times and want a participation trophy (before the tectonic plate shift) :*
  • edited May 2022
    Here you go PtolemyII

• edited May 2022
    Similarly to yourself, I am under-awed. :)

I once got a hand-written note from David Hall on a cross-over 1792 H10c NGC MS61 that reflected the same sentiment.

The coin was dipped but not NCS white, had good detail and quite a few very fine lines. When I showed the coin to @JACAC, he said I should put it on a window sill for a couple of years and it would probably come back MS62. He was non-committal about its future stickering prospects :( My partner on the coin vigorously protested my investing $500 in a Hail Mary grading fee on a coin for which we subsequently got over $200K.

I knew about the DNC from the website. Hall and I had known each other since the mid-'70s and were not BFFs, but the note from him was a special moment.

It read "We both know this is a POS" :* :#

• ptolemyII said:
    Similarly to yourself, I am under-awed. :) I once got a hand-written note from David Hall on a cross-over 1792 H10c NGC MS61 that reflected the same sentiment. The coin was dipped but not NCS white, had good detail and quite a few very fine lines. When I showed the coin to @JACAC, he said I should put it on a window sill for a couple of years and it would probably come back MS62. He was non-committal about its future stickering prospects :( My partner on the coin vigorously protested my investing $500 in a Hail Mary grading fee on a coin for which we subsequently got over $200K. I knew about the DNC from the website. Hall and I had known each other since the mid-'70s and were not BFFs, but the note from him was a special moment. It read "We both know this is a POS" :* :#

That’s funny !!! 😂🤣
  • The trouble with Fortin's site is: NO FRANKLINS