My Nomination for the Most Attractive Retail Website That Advertises CAC Coins - Page 3 — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

My Nomination for the Most Attractive Retail Website That Advertises CAC Coins

13»

Comments

• CACfan said:

paradimecoins.com

Thanks pal .   Yet another source for quality coins . I’m still looking to upgrade a few pieces in my 12 coin gold type set - all CAC .

Trouble locating a $3 Princess  ( 64+  To 66+ preferred  ). Same on the type 1 $1   Need a 66 or up 

$10 lib and so on …

This helps 

That's a solid list, with equally solid price tags to boot... i.e., if you can afford the vig. An equally important question -- when the chips are down and you'd prefer to sell instead of buy -- which firm generally has the strongest bids when it's time to liquidate? (I understand, that's an impossible question given all the variables)

My own recent experience? After asking for a price on a slew of CAC-approved ten eagles (most 4+) I will regrettably throw Legend under the bus. Despite their public clamor for anything "under $10,000" they clearly didn't want the action on my sub-gems. Perhaps my experience was an exception... would love to hear what others found. But the bids I received reinforced my preference for the auction mkt. Maybe that's just the way it is... dealers assume you're desperate.
  • edited May 2022
    CACfan said:
    paradimecoins.com

Thanks pal .   Yet another source for quality coins . I’m still looking to upgrade a few pieces in my 12 coin gold type set - all CAC .

Trouble locating a $3 Princess  ( 64+  To 66+ preferred  ). Same on the type 1 $1   Need a 66 or up 

$10 lib and so on …

This helps 
    _____________ That's a solid list, with equally solid price tags to boot... i.e., if you can afford the vig. An equally important question -- when the chips are down and you'd prefer to sell instead of buy -- which firm generally has the strongest bids when it's time to liquidate? (I understand, that's an impossible question given all the variables) My own recent experience? After asking for a price on a slew of CAC-approved ten eagles (most 4+) I will regrettably throw Legend under the bus. Despite their public clamor for anything "under $10,000" they clearly didn't want the action on my sub-gems. Perhaps my experience was an exception... would love to hear what others found. But the bids I received reinforced my preference for the auction mkt. Maybe that's just the way it is... dealers assume you're desperate.

I wasn’t really into selling , however recently I sent in over 40 coins to Ian at Great Collections .  His business model just works for me and Ian and everyone on his staff have been nothing but very helpful , professional and polite in all dealings .   I have noticed some really incredible hammer prices at GC as of late but in all fairness I’ve seen similar over at Heritage .  Which is another great company .  I feel I have a more personal relationship with Ian so he’ll be getting all my stuff .   Thankfully I’m not selling due to any financial issues.   I just have this incredible case of ocd 🤓, I buy stuff then maybe don’t like it or I end up buying something better , then I sell some of them .  I have gotten to a point where my collection has gotten out of hand and dividing my attention or taking up space in my brain .  So culling the heard also frees up my brain space ! 🤓🙈

I plan on buying more nice coins and have stopped buying the lower mint state coins more closely matched to the spot price .   And started buying more bullion instead .

I’d also like to increase my CAC collection and avoid non CAC material with a few exceptions.

As far as Legend is concerned I have on a few occasions asked if they’d be interested in some CAC coins I had before sending them to Ian .  But I never even got a No Thank You. 

Did I answer your question or was this a huge bunny trail ?? 🙈😂
  • I like the Doug Winter site. He leaves the sold price visible after a coin is sold.
    :)
  • Pyrite said:

I like the Doug Winter site. He leaves the sold price visible after a coin is sold.
    :)

Winter used to list Heritage's coins. I have heard from other dealers that he mainly lists consignors' coins. But who knows?

But this thread is about the most attractive website, not sales history. Winter's site is not particularly attractive.
  • Oh. Then Dick Osborne..... :D :D
  • What? Not even honorable mention??? I'm taking names here!!!:-)

I think our web site is pretty nice. And wait until you see what we are doing tot he auction site!!!
  • edited May 2022
    Legend said:
    What? Not even honorable mention??? I'm taking names here!!!:-) I think our web site is pretty nice. And wait until you see what we are doing tot he auction site!!!
    I posted your site Laura- on page 1- and in good company with Seth, Michael and Blake.
  • Legend said:
    What? Not even honorable mention??? I'm taking names here!!!:-) I think our web site is pretty nice. And wait until you see what we are doing tot he auction site!!!

I liked,  " I'm taking names here!!!:- "
  • The Witter Coin site stinks, it’s just a bunch of Trueviews. It’s a New Purchases posting machine, though. 

Aesthetics, great pics, and info, I’d have to put Legend up there.  CRO, but mostly for their perfect “look”. Check out Atlas Numismatics, they are similar, but Ancients only.  

I think Doug Winter’s site pound for pound is my favorite.  It just loaded with great info and images.  

HA and GC are another category all together. They are the most impressive because of the sheer mass of nuts and bolts infrastructure.