Overnight Registered Mail? Faster Than Express Mail! And Infinitely Safer! And Cheaper! — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

Overnight Registered Mail? Faster Than Express Mail! And Infinitely Safer! And Cheaper!

On a previous thread, I mentioned that our firm has ways to greatly speed up Registered Mail delivery. But one day delivery is ridiculous. And it is not the first time that it has happened this year. Why even bother with unsafe, costlier, and (often) much slower Express Mail?

Yet, an overnight Express Mail package that we recently sent took eight days to travel six miles (yes, we did collect on their on-time guarantee).

USPS continuously surprises me in both good and bad ways.

Comments

• You are the lucky one. I have a registered package coming. Sent Tuesday and is still not even in my state. Express never takes more than a day (unless the person is not there).
  • As a reminder, the insurance limit on Registered Mail is $50,000.
  • As a reminder, the insurance limit on Registered Mail is $50,000.

But insurance for much higher amounts can be purchased from private carriers.
  • Delivery speed depends on so many factors: day item was mailed: destination
    - state & city ( hvy vs sparsely populated;
    - volume of mail handled; regional weather; cancelation of flights; effectiveness of postal station employees.
    So in sum you simply cannot make assumptions which mail / shipping service is faster or slower. I’m told however that to collect from USPS on damaged/ lost / stolen registered pkgs
    you have to jump thru loops & be aggressive in your follow ups or be prepared to be disappointed - not what
    the process used to be. Too much fraud, or lazy postal inspectors , or too few?