Newst newp, feel free to gtg, all opinions are welcomed, a trade dollar. — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

Newst newp, feel free to gtg, all opinions are welcomed, a trade dollar.

Darn I wish NGC would get rid of the white prongs and go back to their prong less holders, sick of seeing prongs in every photo...blah bah blah.

Comments

• It looks like there’s friction in the fields but I don’t see any wear. So I’ll guess MS61.
  • Just because I know the caliber of coins that Real posts/has it makes me think I am not grading this right...
      Too me... it does not look original...  the reverse has those 2 larger digs in it.  The surfaces look like the coin has been beat up.
      Strictly I do not see any wear so it is UNC in that way.
       I know it is a tough coin and and I have seen a lot of coins that Real has posted over the years so I don't exactly trust my eyes here.

• ATSWins said:

Just because I know the caliber of coins that Real posts/has it makes me think I am not grading this right...
      Too me... it does not look original...  the reverse has those 2 larger digs in it.  The surfaces look like the coin has been beat up.
       I know it is a tough coin and and I have seen a lot of coins that Real has posted over the years so I don't exactly trust my eyes here.

I'm also familiar with the type of coins that Alan tends to buy. Clearly, it's not original, but I'm confident that he knows that. Presumably, it's a tough variety and/or one that he wanted for sentimental reasons.
  • MarkFeld said:

ATSWins said:

Just because I know the caliber of coins that Real posts/has it makes me think I am not grading this right...

I'm also familiar with the type of coins that Alan tends to buy. Clearly, it's not original, but I'm confident that he knows that. Presumably, it's a tough variety and/or one that he wanted for sentimental reasons.
    You guys know me that is for certain. Yes the 1875 isn't original the way I would want it. It is a 61 all day just without original surfaces. The dig on the reverse is nada, just looks huge in the plate size photo provided. The variety is a 1875-P I/I , the finest known appear on PCGS coin facts, as a 62 and is owned by Keoj on the U.S. coin forum, this would be the second finest known. Prior to this acquisition my set piece was a cleaned, darkly toned au, and prior to that a fugly xf and that is after 10 years of searching. So one cannot be picky with this die marriage, however that being said, I gladly welcomed a market acceptable properly dipped 140 year old Trade Dollar into my collection where I could finally enjoy inspecting the wonderful strike and all its detail as minted.
    Thanks all for the chat.
  • Realone said:

MarkFeld said:

ATSWins said:

You guys know me that is for certain. Yes the 1875 isn't original the way I would want it. It is a 61 all day just without original surfaces. The dig on the reverse is nada, just looks huge in the plate size photo provided. The variety is a 1875-P I/I , the finest known appear on PCGS coin facts, as a 62 and is owned by Keoj on the U.S. coin forum, this would be the second finest known. Prior to this acquisition my set piece was a cleaned, darkly toned au, and prior to that a fugly xf and that is after 10 years of searching. So one cannot be picky with this die marriage, however that being said, I gladly welcomed a market acceptable properly dipped 140 year old Trade Dollar into my collection where I could finally enjoy inspecting the wonderful strike and all its detail as minted.
    Thanks all for the chat.
    Enjoy.
  • an MS '75 I/I? I'll be lucky if I ever find one that's been run over by a truck.
  • Catbert said:
    You gotta be kidding me, is that site called "SIGHT WHITE" a joke? A sticker for a blast white coin? Of wow, now I have seen everything.
  • ChasK said:

an MS '75 I/I? I'll be lucky if I ever find one that's been run over by a truck.

Its nice to be understood....thanks!
  • Realone said:

Catbert said:
    You gotta be kidding me, is that site called "SIGHT WHITE" a joke? A sticker for a blast white coin? Of wow, now I have seen everything.
    Why are you surprised? Surely, you know that many buyers prefer color-free coins.
  • ChasK said:

an MS '75 I/I? I'll be lucky if I ever find one that's been run over by a truck.

Ricksha if it's real. :p
  • MarkFeld said:

Realone said:

Catbert said:
    Why are you surprised? Surely, you know that many buyers prefer color-free coins.
    Of course, but a sticking service that stickers blast white? If its white its white, do they think the collector be blind that we need a third party to acknowledge the whiteness......sounding racist ;)
  • Realone said:

MarkFeld said:

Realone said:

Catbert said:
    Of course, but a sticking service that stickers blast white? If its white its white, do they think the collector be blind that we need a third party to acknowledge the whiteness......sounding racist ;)
    Fair point. ;)
  • but but but, it's free and a perfect corresponding sticker for your coin! ;)
  • I kinda feel sorry for anyone who has to have a sticker to tell them that their coin is... white!
    I like this statement from their website referring to shopping for the "W" sticker:" like putting your eyes on vacation, you don’t have to study the coin"
    Now that's my idea of collecting!
  • They are coming out with a Braille sticker for people in their Elite Investment Plan >:)
  • I always chuckled to myself that the Braille commemorative was an asymmetrical strategy to reduce the eventual number of MS examples…