CAC and PL — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

CAC and PL

If a PL coin receives a green sticker , does that mean CAC approves the PL attribute and the grade or just the grade only ? 

Comments

• edited May 2022
    It means they agree with the grade and the designation. It would be misleading and confusing if they were to do it differently.
  • MarkFeld said:

It means they agree with the grade and the designation. It would be misleading and confusing if they were to do it differently.

I would naturally agree with your reply except that when a coin has a + they pointedly ignore that, can you explain the difference. I wonder what they do about the *?
  • Realone said:

MarkFeld said:

I would naturally agree with your reply except that when a coin has a + they pointedly ignore that, can you explain the difference. I wonder what they do about the *?
    The difference is that when asked, they’ve stated that they ignore the plus and that they take designations such as PL into account.

The “Star” is only used by NGC and isn’t a traditional designation (such as FH, PL, FBL) with published value premiums attached to it. It’s not assessed by CAC.
  • MarkFeld said:

Realone said:

MarkFeld said:

The difference is that when asked, they’ve stated that they ignore the plus and that they take designations such as PL into account.

The “Star” is only used by NGC and isn’t a traditional designation (such as FH, PL, FBL) with published value premiums attached to it. It’s not assessed by CAC.
    Agree :)