The BOB SIMPSON thread - Page 2 — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

The BOB SIMPSON thread

Comments

•     I wonder how Bob Simpson feels about threads dedicated to discussing what he owns ? 

Since he is a private person and all . 
  •     I wonder how Bob Simpson feels about threads dedicated to discussing what he owns ? 

Please do not derail this thread.
  • TexasGold said:

I wonder how Bob Simpson feels about threads dedicated to discussing what he owns ? 

It is a valid point, though. I would not interpret the comment as derailing.
  • john said:
        I wonder how Bob Simpson feels about threads dedicated to discussing what he owns ? 

It is a valid point, though. I would not interpret the comment as derailing.

Thank you John. It was a sincere question.

But he has a problem with me from another thread.     He actually derails it by what he just did.  🤓

Anyways back to my question.   If Mr Simpson is concerned about his other set , any set or just his personal security in General for that matter , he should be .   The world is full of bad actors and a man as successful as he is becomes targets .

• Here's a little ditty:

• Eldorado9 said:

Here's a little ditty:

Indeed, though I still prefer his proofs:

• TexasGold said:

Eldorado9 said:

Here's a little ditty:

Indeed, though I still prefer his proofs:

I've been drooling over that particular proof for a while now. I've never seen a more attractive coin in my life. It's ridiculous!
  • Eldorado9 said:
    Here's a little ditty:

Wow those are stunning !!!    I got this one in todays mail!  

• Eldorado9 said:

Here's a little ditty:

Wow those are stunning !!!    I got this one in todays mail!  

Very nice newp! Those 43's have amazing luster!
  • There are certain things I can say. I don't say what I can't.
  • Legend said:
    There are certain things I can say. I don't say what I can't.

That makes sense .  Thank you 
  • Not only does Mr Simpson have good taste he is also a true coin collector. My hat off to him and Laura for helping him to stay focused. Now if only he could do as well with hiring great baseball executives, he could trounce the Astros more often! LOL
  • I have to admit that I am in love with just about all of his coins, since the toning is spectacular and the state of preservation magnificent.
  • To still love the hobby, after owning all the greatest coins that anyone could ever imagine, Bob Simpson must be a true coin collector. It would be easy to lose interest in something after you had totally dominated it, the way he has numismatics. The exciting part for me is trying to get that coin that is just out of reach until you work at it long enough to get it. He already has the best of everything. I wonder how that must feel.
  • Much to my horror, he is not does none selling. Stay tuned...
  • Note to self: do not try to convey a thought that has not been thought about, first.
  • Ok, Mr Simpson is selling his Saints. Not sure what happened. I am usually the last to know
  • Legend said:

Ok, Mr Simpson is selling his Saints. Not sure what happened. I am usually the last to know

Wow ... he was bidding on Saints a couple of months ago. Will this sale include the 1907 Arabic numerals in PR68?
  • The great Dan Ratner loved this coin so much he offered us $1 million for the PR68 1907 after we bought it. He told Bob he always graded it a PR69. I think for that reason he won't sell it. He LOVES PR 69 coins.

This is situation has me angry. A promise was broken only 2 months ago about this Saint set. Now, I have to go against a billionaire with free money to get the coins I was supposed to one day get. Talk about having your guts ripped out-again!
  • May be time for a new "HOT TOPICS".