Will CAC Approve This MS70 Seated Half Dollar? — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

Will CAC Approve This MS70 Seated Half Dollar?

This 1875-S MS70 50C sold for $254.50.

In the extremely unlikely event that the imaged coin is delivered, $254.50 is not a bad deal for a cleaned VF35 1875-CC 50C (CU is $600 for a non-Details coin).

The zero-feedback seller seems reputable. I wonder whether or not he is a PNG member. Sarcasm, of course. The buyer will likely receive an empty package but Ebay will not refund his money because tracking will show delivery.

Comments

• We're sorry, that certification number was not found. Please double check the number and try again. :o
  • edited June 2022
    Both that holder and the coin are counterfeit, according to some others with expertise on another forum. Additionally, when you look at the reverse, it’s Carson City and NOT San Francisco.
  • Both that holder and the coin are counterfeit, according to some others with expertise on another forum. Additionally, when you look at the reverse, it’s Carson City and NOT San Francisco.

That makes sense. It is hard to determine the authenticity of the coin from a glance of the photos. I actually though that someone had photoshopped a genuine coin into a fake PCGS slab.

Regardless, somebody actually paid $250-plus for it from a zero-feedback Ebay seller.
  • I like the semi-PL effect of the cleaning on the reverse fields. :#
  • ptolemyII said:

I like the semi-PL effect of the cleaning on the reverse fields. :#

Seller is a whiz at it.
  • You guys are BOTH so funny!
  • ptolemyII said:
    I like the semi-PL effect of the cleaning on the reverse fields. :#
    Hilarious
  • Even when I was a 8 year old coin collector 60 years ago I knew that sale had to be a joke. The coin and the seller was even more of a joke.

As a 68 year old collector, I would not even attempt to reply to the question.

• oreville said:

Even when I was a 8 year old coin collector 60 years ago I knew that sale had to be a joke. The coin and the seller was even more of a joke.

As a 68 year old collector, I would not even attempt to reply to the question.

Fraud is not a joke. That sad fact is that somebody actually bought this coin for $250, a trusting soul who falsely believed that Ebay monitors all of its listings or even knows anything about rare coins.
  • sorry, my post was before I had my morning coffee so I did not catch the sarcasm in confronting the attempted. fraud.
  • oreville said:

sorry, my post was before I had my morning coffee so I did not catch the sarcasm in confronting the attempted. fraud.

I do not even drink coffee, which must be why I never catch anyone's sarcasm. But I did catch COVID multiple times. Luckily, I never have symptoms other than the aforementioned inability to catch sarcasm.

And technically, it was fraud, not attempted fraud. But good luck on getting the seller extradited from China for selling a $250 fake coin. We cannot even extradite the scientists who enabled the world-shattering COVID virus to develop.

• I don’t think that coin was ever eligible for a First Strike insert anyway.