Lets see your green or gold beaned Lincoln cent coins! - Page 4 — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

Lets see your green or gold beaned Lincoln cent coins!

Comments

• Thank you for posting all this eye candy.
    I would love to buy a few of these for my pcgs registry sets :)
    I hope to post a few of my cool CAC Lincoln’s soon,
    Larry
  • CACfan said:

oreville said:

This is my 1955 DDO cent in OGH PCGS MS-65RD with a green sticker. I bought this cent 25 years ago. Still safe and sound in an intercept double box.

These have recently skyrocketed. Our firm sold one two years ago for about $35,000 -- and it took more than a year to sell. Price Guide is up to $55,000. Now might be a good time to dump yours because inflation and/or the coming zombie apocalypse may soon crash the market. Not even Rick Grimes and Daryl Dixon will be able to save you this time.

If the cranky old troll again falsely accuses me of lying, I will email proof of the sale to CAC_Team.
    I believe it but not ready to sell.
  • Russy said:

Nice stuff so far! I am primarily a pre-1934 Lincoln collector and almost all my collection is CAC. The gold bean is rare in this space as there are only 32 in existence. I am fortunate to have one shown here. The strike is hammered for a teens S-mint Lincoln and the color and luster are wonderful. As an aside, I think it's also a unicorn in that you rarely see a gold bean on a PCGS coin that's in a newer slab (graded in the past few years); almost all are on the older holders. 63RB Thanks.

Here’s my beautiful Gold CAC 1 of only 9 MS 65 Red, 14 total, Only 5 in MS 65 RB rest in Brown. For sale at the right price.

• On the other hand, you have proof of the coming zombie apocalypse?
  • Beautiful coins @Lashap :)

• robec1347 said:

Just stunning!!! Like I have said, we need a "Like" button as well as a "Love" and "Wow" button.
  • Looking to purchase this particular coin that I saw on this forum. Or one like it, just looking for a 1909 S VDB in a Rattler holder with the CAC sticker. Please let me know, thanks.
  • Usually my set is closed for viewing. I added the 16-s this week. I'll show off for a bit.
    https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/alltimeset/13605
  • Usually my set is closed for viewing. I added the 16-s this week. I'll show off for a bit.
    https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/alltimeset/13605

That is a very nice 16-S congrats on adding that to your set.
  • Amazing 24-s you have there too. Looks better than 64. Great photo.

I have a feeling my coins with their 20ish year old photos would not look quite as nice if they had blown up trueviews. I am going to work on my photography more and redo them at some point. I'm happy with how my 16-s photo came out but would have liked to have highlighted the luster a bit more. I still need to buy better lights.
  • edited February 2023
    Thank you for the kind words, I cannot take credit for the photos, that goes to the man Mark Goodman. In fact every photo that I have posted to this thread was taken by Mark, his work is outstanding. I really think the photo of your 16-s is great, and it was very enjoyable to look thru your entire set, some wonderful coins in there.

• It looks like it's been a year since I've posted anything on here, so I'll first post my 1909-S VDB which I upgraded from 65BN CAC to this 66BN CAC. I sold the 65 to a very happy elderly collector who has wanted one his entire life.

I love 1914-Ds and have a supernice "blueberry" in 64+BN CAC that I posted here a few pages back, but I couldn't resist this 65BN CAC piece as well.

And I'll close with this amazing 1911-S MS66BN CAC. Enjoy! Kind regards, George / VDB Coins

• CACfan said:

oreville said:

This is my 1955 DDO cent in OGH PCGS MS-65RD with a green sticker. I bought this cent 25 years ago. Still safe and sound in an intercept double box.

These have recently skyrocketed. Our firm sold one two years ago for about $35,000 -- and it took more than a year to sell. Price Guide is up to $55,000. Now might be a good time to dump yours because inflation and/or the coming zombie apocalypse may soon crash the market. Not even Rick Grimes and Daryl Dixon will be able to save you this time.

If the cranky old troll again falsely accuses me of lying, I will email proof of the sale to CAC_Team.
    Stewart Blay absolutely desired my 1955 DDO cent for his set until he found an even nicer one. Stew only wanted the best of all red copper cents.
  • Some very nice Lincolns. I enjoy looking. That 1920 65RD sure look like it's undergraded. I've had a few early Lincolns that were more golden than red and love the look. Gold beans are obviously hard to come by for this series.
  • I think this is better than 64BN…….maybe owners bias.

• Absolutely!
  • That's a beautiful 14D. Viewers bias - WAY better than the assigned grade.