First complete St. Gaudens $20 CAC set - Page 2 — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

First complete St. Gaudens $20 CAC set

Comments

• I'd love to make it public and will do so in due time. Due to the competitive nature of registry sets, I've opted to keep the set private for now. Plus, there's 1 or 2 coins in my set that I'm too embarrassed to show. :D When my set is complete or near complete, I will make it public and maybe even display it at a coin show or two.
  • I respect that decision to keep it private. I don't make it to very many coin shows but I will be there to see your Saints!

• WilliamJ said:
    I respect that decision to keep it private. I don't make it to very many coin shows but I will be there to see your Saints!

I see a road trip in our future !!  👍🏻☺️😉

Personally I’d put the set up even with a outlier or three in the set .   That’s part of the fun , watching it come to life and take form .

As far as competition goes , I’ve adopted WineSteven’s attitude towards it.    If someone else catches up and or surpasses me I’ll be genuinely happy for that person .  And congratulate them .   

One thing about Elite is that he’ll forever be the Firstest with the mostest .  First complete set and ‘33 to truly top it off as 100% complete.    ( would love to watch the upgrading process take place over time , exciting ) 
  • Road Trip!!!🙂

The one or two coins that Elite needs to upgrade are probably better than any of my  Saints
  •  Mr Elite ,

Has your ‘33 received a green bean yet ?

John Albanese, who cofounded PCGS in 1986 and as a longtime dealer regularly handles encapsulated rare coins, says the eye appeal of the 1933 Saint-Gaudens Double Eagle is magnificent. “The strike and surfaces of this example are above par. It’s simply a beautiful coin.”

It really is magnificent!!! 
  • Of course! I thought we're not allowed to talk about non-CAC coins on this forum. ;)

You can see the coin with the CAC sticker here:
  • My bad , not a rule I was aware of .   Thank you.   I’ll remember that from now on.  

That’s great !!!! 🤗🤗🤗👍🏻🙏🏻
  • My bad , not a rule I was aware of .   Thank you.   I’ll remember that from now on.  

I was just kidding about not talking about non-CAC coins. :)
  • Ms. Sperber is not kidding.....
    Don't hit me. I am old.

I was just kidding about not talking about non-CAC coins. :)
     It actually seems reasonable enough.

But yeah you got me !  😬😊
  • WOWEE !! Congratulations to you sir ,
  • Mr Elite: what is your 1921? I know that is the stopper for the series. Finding a CAC piece is impossible.
  • Elite, you own a 33 and a 27D BOTH CAC. What can be embarrassing? Really.....
  • What a phenomenal accomplishment, something to be proud of for sure. I admire such drive!
  • Legend said:

Mr Elite: what is your 1921? I know that is the stopper for the series. Finding a CAC piece is impossible.

Wouldn't you want to know? :D

How about this? When I decide to publish my set details, you will be the first to know!
  • Mr Elite, I am curious as to advised you in building your set? Multiple persons I suspect, yes ?
  • Bidask said:

Mr Elite, I am curious as to advised you in building your set? Multiple persons I suspect, yes ?

I mainly work with 2 dealers: Seth Chandler with WitterCoin and Ian Russell with GreatCollections.
  • Mr Elite, I am curious as to advised you in building your set? Multiple persons I suspect, yes ?
    I mainly work with 2 dealers: Seth Chandler with WitterCoin and Ian Russell with GreatCollections.
    Great minds think alike!   The two same gents I deal with ….

A real pleasure dealing with them.   
  • edited July 2022
    👍🏻
  • Look like there will be another great Saint coming up for sale soon. Mr Elite, good luck!!! We'll see who ends up w/the #1 set!!!!