First complete St. Gaudens $20 CAC set - Page 6 — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

First complete St. Gaudens $20 CAC set

Comments

• @CACfan - I don't think you can compare the High Relief against other issues in regard to populations and mintages vs. value. The Saint-Gaudens High Relief is the most iconic issue of the U.S. Mint, and is bought by collectors who only buy one coin in their life, bought by many collectors overseas (for a while, every high relief we auctioned was sold to buyers in Asia), and many U.S. collectors who collect other areas, like Lincoln Cents, end up owning a High Relief.

(imho the UHR is the most beautiful and iconic issue, but due to the tiny mintage, it's not available to more than a dozen people).

- Ian
  • CACfan said:

In my view, Saints are vastly overpriced compared to Libs, despite the former's obvious aesthetic superiority. Compare populations and prices for extreme evidence thereof. Yet, I continuously sell out of five-figure 1907 HR's even though more than 7,000 have been certified by NGC and PCGS, not counting Details coins.

It's just supply and demand. There may be a lot of 1907 HRs but the demand for HRs are much higher than libs, hence the higher price point.

And MarkFeld is right, I'm not looking to turn around and sell the coins for a quick profit.
  • Let's bring this thread back on topic. @CACfan's post was a bit inconsiderate, but that's fine. And I'm not a billionaire, but I will be when I sell my saints collection in 20 years. :D

Right now, I'm focused on improving my set by winning some of Simpson's saints. After that, I will probably be ready to make my set public. Stay tuned!
  • edited August 2022
    Let's bring this thread back on topic. @CACfan's post was a bit inconsiderate, but that's fine. And I'm not a billionaire, but I will be when I sell my saints collection in 20 years. :D Right now, I'm focused on improving my set by winning some of Simpson's saints. After that, I will probably be ready to make my set public. Stay tuned!
    Awesome! Good luck with the upgrades, and I look forward to seeing your set in its entirety!
  • Let's bring this thread back on topic. @CACfan's post was a bit inconsiderate, but that's fine. And I'm not a billionaire, but I will be when I sell my saints collection in 20 years. :D

Right now, I'm focused on improving my set by winning some of Simpson's saints. After that, I will probably be ready to make my set public. Stay tuned!

You’re a good sport and I wish you success in improving your set.
  • Some posts have been removed; let's try to stay on topic :)
  • That’s going to be worth the wait no doubt !

Keep us posted as you acquire upgrades ( you’re not embarrassed by 🤓😉😂 ) if you see fit .

Best Wishes 

V
  • Mr Elite, what you're NOT a billionaire???? How modest.

I am really happy to hear that you are not one of these build it quick then thinks you can cash out for a profit. Good for you! You will do well w/your Saint set!!!!

Now please buy a ticket to the space station or soemthing.....;-)
  • Legend said:

Wait, I thought you were going to buy my a ticket. Get me a ticket and I will go. :)
  • Now please buy a ticket to the space station or soemthing.....;-)
    Wait, I thought you were going to buy my a ticket. Get me a ticket and I will go. :)
    I'll go with you!
  • Legend said:

Be the 1st to take a canine!

Carefully worded. Let us know where your cast off 21 goes.
  • Nic said:

Legend said:

Nic said:

Legend said:

...and then there was Laika. Oh well.....

• Congrats on the amazing accomplishment @EliteCollection. Can’t wait to see the images once it’s published. How long have you been building the set?
  • edited August 2022
    I started collecting saints in 2001, and took a hiatus around 2010, but got back in in a serious way last year when I got the 1933 saint.
  • Ooopsie! Time for you to take another long hiatus Mr Elite. You already have a great collection! :-)
  • NicNic
    edited August 2022

Nic said:

We still want to see your 1921! :)

Sure. It's going to be this one: https://www.pcgs.com/cert/45420965  ;)

Not included in the current Simpson Sale. Part 10?
  • After tonight’s Heritage auction Elite is now also the No. 1 non-CAC set (current and all time list). Congrats.
  • After tonight’s Heritage auction Elite is now also the No. 1 non-CAC set (current and all time list). Congrats.

Wow that’s fantastic !!!   Congratulations for sure.  👍🏻👍🏻🙏🏻🤗
  • Thanks!

Here's the set: https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/gold/20-gold-major-sets/st-gaudens-20-gold-major-varieties-circulation-strikes-1907-1932/102

Simpson's all time set is missing a coin he actually did own. So although right now I am #1, it's not actually correct if they add back the missing 1907 Saint Simpson had. I still have some work to do to get to the real #1 all time.
  • Congratulations and then some!