First complete St. Gaudens $20 CAC set - Page 7 — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

First complete St. Gaudens $20 CAC set

Comments

• I think a lot of people got carried away! It takes two to tango.

The 2 biggest surprises IMO were the 1927-D MS 66 ($4,440,000) and 1928 MS 67+ CAC ($204,000), and I didn't bid on either of these 2 coins.
  • I think a lot of people got carried away! It takes two to tango.

The 2 biggest surprises IMO were the 1927-D MS 66 ($4,440,000) and 1928 MS 67+ CAC ($204,000), and I didn't bid on either of these 2 coins.

That ‘24 67+ brought in $90,000 and that S got $930,000.00 

Pretty amazing numbers for sure. 
  • Legend said:

Elite-your still guilty!!!!! It was easy to figure your bidder number!!!!

I guess on behalf of all my customers then thank you for doubling -even tripling the value of Saints in less than a year!!!!

The 27D was a nice coin. I was not happy CAC didn't bean it. Simpson and I had that coin and the coin Elite has side by side and he elected to keep this one. Now what the heck is the 66+ worth? WOW

Guilty as charged. You're welcome!

After the 67 and my 66+ CAC, this 66 is probably the 3rd best 27D. Before the auction, I thought $3m would be a strong number since I paid $3m for mine last year. Crazy.

Congrats to Simpson on the sale. Now we're all anxiously waiting on part 2 of the Simpson Saints auction.
  • Legend said:

Mr Elite, I suggest you go out of the country (or take a space flight somewhere) and take rest during the FUN auction. We small folk need buy a few coins!!!

The Saint Market has far more depth all around then I ever thought.

I would pay to know who were the underbidders on the 1928!!! I did consider that coin a shot 68. It was one of the prettiest Saints I had ever seen.

you really don't need to pay to know when you can simply ask!
  • Legend said:

Mr Elite, I suggest you go out of the country (or take a space flight somewhere) and take rest during the FUN auction. We small folk need buy a few coins!!!

I would pay to know who were the underbidders on the 1928!!! I did consider that coin a shot 68. It was one of the prettiest Saints I had ever seen.

Ask whom?
  • edited August 2022
    MarkFeld said:

Legend said:

Ask whom?
    you're right ..

i was wrong to give an impression that you would be one of the people to ask
  • MarkFeld said:

Legend said:

Ask whom?
    you're right ..

i was wrong to give an impression that you would be one of the people to ask
    I didn’t take it as a given that you were implying someone could ask Heritage. But I was curious about what you meant.
  • Legend said:

Out of the 21 Saints Simpson sold, I got 7 this time around. I left 14 Saints for you @Legend. :D

But to your original question, for the best of the best coins, the sky is the limit. I'm trying to build the #1 all time Saints set. So if I'm not willing to do whatever it takes to get the best coins, I shouldn't be playing. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • edited August 2022
    Deleted .  ( not useful )
  • Congratulations for the award, that is awesome!
  • That’s great Elite !  👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
  • edited September 2022
    Congratulations that’s awesome! What a set!!! Lay them all out in order on your desk and enjoy them!
  • 65.2 GPA? Holy Crap!
  • Congratulations that’s awesome! What a set!!! Lay them all out in order on your desk and enjoy them!

He needs to send a snap shot of that to his hard core fans !!!   😉

Heck I’d sign a NDA promising to never discuss what I saw in the picture !  😆👍🏻🤓🙏🏻🤗

•  He needs to send a snap shot of that to his hard core fans !!!   😉

Heck I’d sign a NDA promising to never discuss what I saw in the picture !  😆👍🏻🤓🙏🏻🤗

I would love to see those Saints also!
  • edited September 2022
    You will get your chance to see them soon. I'm working on a custom Elite Collection label and will likely display the set at a major coin show next year.

In the meantime, I'm working on getting the last few upgrades I need...
  • You will get your change to see them soon. I'm working on a custom Elite Collection label and will likely display the set at a major coin show next year. In the meantime, I'm working on getting the last few upgrades I need...
    I know it’s a long way from home, but I vote for the FUN show! Good luck with the label- the Bass labels are a little disappointing. 
  • Very cool. Congratulations.
  • the Bass labels are a little disappointing. 

I agree. Maybe they look better in person, but pictures are horrible. You can barely read the text.