Does JA collect coins? What series?? — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

Does JA collect coins? What series??

edited July 2022 in Silver Coins
And will he tell us so that we can all go, "Well I am going to switch to {what JA collects} because he has his thumb on the market", and potentially drive up prices in that series?

Comments

• I hear possibly tokens from Chuck E Cheese restaurants.
  • JAV does enjoy coin glass items.
  • JA not JAV
  • I think he has a complete run of PCGS sample slabs by holder type and date. :#
  • Only Gold CAC 1921 Saints. :)
  • I don't think he collects today. But in his hey day for himself he owned wild examples of things like PR Morgans, Better Gold, etc Wonder what they would grade out today...
  • I do not collect coins presently as I view it as a conflict. I look forward to collecting when I retire. I’m about to sign a 10 year contract so I’ll have to wait a bit.   JA 
  • JACAC said:

I do not collect coins presently as I view it as a conflict. I look forward to collecting when I retire. I’m about to sign a 10 year contract so I’ll have to wait a bit.   JA 

WHAT ?!?....Who's YOUR boss? ;) :D
  •  I can’t even begin to imagine the amazing coins that have passed through John’s hands.

That in and of itself would be so satisfying that I don’t really see how a collection could keep up .   Upon retirement yes .  Then it would be cool to enjoy a personal collection .

I admire and respect the unwavering integrity John has demonstrated and continues to live by.   

• edited July 2022
    Pyrite said:

JACAC said:

I do not collect coins presently as I view it as a conflict. I look forward to collecting when I retire. I’m about to sign a 10 year contract so I’ll have to wait a bit.   JA 

WHAT ?!?....Who's YOUR boss? ;) :D
    Everyone knows Mickey (Michelle Kumpf) runs the place. @JACAC is usually her best grader: :#
  • JACAC said:

I’m about to sign a 10 year contract so I’ll have to wait a bit.   JA 

The "fed watchers" who parse every word of the chairman's public comments for hints at interest rate movements ain't got nothing on what this sentence hath unleashed upon the numismatic world... :D :D

(Regardless, may 2032 bring lots of numismatic joys to you @JACAC and may other things bring joys to you in the meantime)
  • It’s just a formality JA 
  •  I admire and respect the unwavering integrity John has demonstrated and continues to live by.   

Agreed. So refreshing to have the likes of JA and Saint Feldini in our little corner of the world. Heros. Flat out heros

• JACAC said:

I thought you still like coin glass and still collect them?