CAC approved Large Cents - Page 2 — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

CAC approved Large Cents

Comments

• Thank you. For some reason the worn CAC sticker adds even more character
  • Keeping the thread alive

• Where’s my LIKE button!!!
  • robec1347 said:

Keeping the thread alive

Robec1347: I like collecting these lovely gem brown cents as no worries about red cents turning darker plus a miracle how these darker coins still show incredible luster.

Agreed with Catbert!
  • All CAC'd:

• @Catbert and @oreville, thank you. I agree how beautiful these large cents and half cents when they have glossy luster and full definition..I wish I would have started with these many years ago.

Dan, those are great additions to this thread. All 4 are just what I’m looking for. Thanks for sharing. <3
  • Beautiful coins, Bob! @robec1347

That 1852 is gorgeous- Is it also N-22 ? I’ve noticed several gem examples of that die marriage with unusually stellar luster though I’m not versed enough in the series to understand why.  
  • Beautiful coins, Bob! @robec1347

That 1852 is gorgeous- Is it also N-22 ? I’ve noticed several gem examples of that die marriage with unusually stellar luster though I’m not versed enough in the series to understand why.  

I’m afraid I’m not knowledgeable with die marriages either. It’s not at the same level as yours but not many are. It does have some of the shiny elements of yours though. :D
  • robec1347 said:

@Catbert and @oreville, thank you. I agree how beautiful these large cents and half cents when they have glossy luster and full definition..I wish I would have started with these many years ago.

Dan, those are great additions to this thread. All 4 are just what I’m looking for. Thanks for sharing. <3 </p>

Thanks Bob - I so appreciate the photos you've taken (minus the draped bust large cent that you've not seen yet). Your photography skills are so impressive and accurately represent the coin. That is such a big deal to me, as you know.
  • A big fan of Proof large cents

• PCGS photos show a bit more red.
  • The 1840 is a really sweet brown coin.

• Wow!!! What a great group Dan. 

• Where’s the love button.

• @robec1347

I love that gif of the 1852! Just a wonderful lustrous piece of early copper. I stared at it for quite some time and then called my dad over (not a collector) and told him he had to see it.
  • FlyingAl said:
    @robec1347 I love that gif of the 1852! Just a wonderful lustrous piece of early copper. I stared at it for quite some time and then called my dad over (not a collector) and told him he had to see it.
    I stole that from the NGC forums about 15 years ago. I thing I grabbed about 20 different ones. 
  • Just received this 1850 Large Cent from this past weekend’s Great Collections auction. Previously owned by @FloridaFacelifter. It’s even nicer than I thought it would be.

• robec1347 said:
    Just received this 1850 Large Cent from this past weekend’s Great Collections auction. Previously owned by @FloridaFacelifter. It’s even nicer than I thought it would be.
    Congratulations- enjoy it!