Witter Coin University 1922-S Saint Fundraiser at Great Collections and Lunch with John Albanese - Page 2 — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

Witter Coin University 1922-S Saint Fundraiser at Great Collections and Lunch with John Albanese

2»

Comments

• I was bidder 7 and high bidder from Tuesday to Saturday (which means nada in the end). Hope Seth is happy with the outcome. Tim
    I was bidder 6, you were the one that out bid me!
       I was trying to figure out how to take time off from work to go eat lunch until you bid.
  • Thank you Elton John! 
  • edited July 2022
    JACAC said:
    Thank you Elton John! 
    Congratulations Elton!
        Are you two doing lunch?
  • Note that everyone can also donate to the Witter Coin Fund which also supports scholarships. 
  • Sorry @WilliamJ - we both had good intentions!

BTW - did someone mention Elton John?

Is this CACable?

Tim

• edited July 2022
    That looks like a big silver medallion, nice! Maybe a proof 68?
         I think it is kinda cool that we were out bid by Elton John and Mr. Elite in the same auction!! It will make for a good story to tell my local coin dealer and other  friends. I thought that you might win @pointfivezero!
     However, I am still wondering if Seth is paying for them to have lunch at Waha?

• Thanks William. It is the one auction I actually won:

I'll play second (or third) fiddle to Elton and Elite any day.

Tim
  • Thanks William. It is the one auction I actually won: I'll play second (or third) fiddle to Elton and Elite any day. Tim
    That is super cool! Nice medallion actually from his charity auction and your bid on this auction was actually outbid by Elton himself,  never would have guessed!!
  • What goes around, comes around....

Tim
  • OMG!! Are Saints collapsing? Mr Elite lost while bidding? What will happen next? Can these kids even afford food at their seminars?

I've had lunch w/JA many times. Let me tell you, I can't see the value of paying $20,000.00+ for eating w/him!!! :-)

I LOVE Elton John. congrats!
  • Legend said:

OMG!! Are Saints collapsing? Mr Elite lost while bidding? What will happen next? Can these kids even afford food at their seminars?

I've had lunch w/JA many times. Let me tell you, I can't see the value of paying $20,000.00+ for eating w/him!!! :-)

Laura, fess up - if you had to pay $20,000 to have lunch with John, you would most definitely do so. >:)
  • I don't have to pay and would not. He owes me a couple of lunches.

• Legend said:
    I don't have to pay and would not. He owes me a couple of lunches.
    I hear Waha is good!
  • I did not know Elton John liked to collect coins. Cool hobby Elton!

• MarkFeld said:

Legend said:

OMG!! Are Saints collapsing? Mr Elite lost while bidding? What will happen next? Can these kids even afford food at their seminars?

Laura, fess up - if you had to pay $20,000 to have lunch with John, you would most definitely do so. >:)
    LOL.

Laura would pay $20K to have lunch with the OTHER John!

Elton John that is.

• I am a music junkie. I would pay $50,000.00 to have lunch w/sir Elton!
  • I’ll ask if you can attend. 
  • So who really did win? Did JA buy it to look in the mirror are lunch?
  • Legend said:
    So who really did win? Did JA buy it to look in the mirror are lunch?
    The real winners are the students at WCU!
    🤔
    They now can  afford lunch!🙂