Gold Box of 20 Or General Box of 20 πŸ’‘ ideas? - Page 2 β€” Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

Gold Box of 20 Or General Box of 20 πŸ’‘ ideas?

2Β»

Comments

• Legend said:
    I LOVE that $2.5 1802/1 SUPER RARE. You all should just buy what you like. You can do that w/a Type set

Sounds good .  No rhyme no reason to it .

I like that .   Thank you Legend πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»
  • Legend said:

I LOVE that $2.5 1802/1 SUPER RARE. You all should just buy what you like. You can do that w/a Type set

I do too. I've owned and sold the 5 and 10 and was hesitant on the ....size.... of the QE.
    But it's still in my GREEN PCGS box. The green box has the "special" goodies. B) :D
  • The best thing about a box of 20 is that it can be anything you want!

But be warned: A box of 20 soon becomes two boxes of 20, which soon becomes three boxes of 20.

- Ian
  • The best thing about a box of 20 is that it can be anything you want! But be warned: A box of 20 soon becomes two boxes of 20, which soon becomes three boxes of 20. - Ian

It already has that look to it sir 
  • The best thing about a box of 20 is that it can be anything you want!

But be warned: A box of 20 soon becomes two boxes of 20, which soon becomes three boxes of 20.

- Ian

Ah, yes. But a ...GREEN... box! It can be the BEST 20. ;)
  • What about 20 boxes of 20?
  • Or 10 big red intercept boxes of 60 plus?
  • My advice is not to be beholden to either an arbitrary number of coins owned nor to filling registry slots that don't bring joy. For example, I participate in the PCGS registry and in one of my sets the requirement is to fill modern slots. No way, no thank you. My joy comes from satisfaction with each coin in my collection. If it doesn't fulfill that requirement (or my tastes change about a coin), then it's sold.
  • Catbert said:
    My advice is not to be beholden to either an arbitrary number of coins owned nor to filling registry slots that don't bring joy. For example, I participate in the PCGS registry and in one of my sets the requirement is to fill modern slots. No way, no thank you. My joy comes from satisfaction with each coin in my collection. If it doesn't fulfill that requirement (or my tastes change about a coin), then it's sold.
    Good advice, I agree with you, however a box of 20 is tempting, just as long as the coins meet my criteria for me to enjoy.

• edited August 2022
    Here's one I initially thought would be a breeze... 20 White 1955 Franklins in MS65FBL with CAC. (Looks like some toning is forming on one of them >< .

I'm only 65% of the way there after many years.

CAC sure is hard on white Frankies!

• Here's one I initially thought would be a breeze... 20 White 1955 Franklins in MS65FBL with CAC. (Looks like some toning is forming on one of them >< .

I'm only 65% of the way there after many years.

CAC sure is hard on white Frankies!

i also like your plan to group together a specific pcgs # all of the same year like your 86670.65 1955 50c ms65 fbl collection and it will be awesome to achieve your goal for all cac with no toning (or all toned if you prefer) but you know for sure that they still are all different

it's the coin and not the holder but still nice to see them all lined up together in their holders with cac stickers

it's also nice to compare the few that were rejected for a sticker, but even better if you had a red dot with @JACAC noting why, or simply a yellow dot to show that it should be in a 86670.64 or a 86670.64+ holder to get a sticker
  • Here's one I initially thought would be a breeze... 20 White 1955 Franklins in MS65FBL with CAC. (Looks like some toning is forming on one of them >< . I'm only 65% of the way there after many years. CAC sure is hard on white Frankies!

Were  you born in β€˜55 by any chance ? 
  • One of the great Chevy years. I am enamored of the Franklin Mint Precision Models. The OP should buy one...the 55 Bel Air Convertible as a suggestion... to highlight the collection.
  • I now have 6 gold coins, possibly 7, to put towards my box of 20 cac gold  coins! 
  • WilliamJ said:
    I now have 6 gold coins, possibly 7, to put towards my box of 20 cac gold  coins! 

That’s cool 😎 

Keep it fun my friend !  
  • Thanks Vincent,
    More fun the better!
  • Box of 20, 50, 100 or whatever if they please YOU then you are doing the right thing. Define your own collection don’t let someone else do it for you.
2Β»