Should This MS 63 Coin Be Submitted to CAC For Possible Gold Sticker or PCGS Regrade? - Page 2 — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

Should This MS 63 Coin Be Submitted to CAC For Possible Gold Sticker or PCGS Regrade?

Comments

• edited July 2022
    MarkFeld said:
    MarkFeld said:
    MarkFeld said:
    Why don’t you just submit the coin and stop arguing with those with opinions that differ from yours.
    There is no argument just a back and forth friendly discussion. I am simply replying to some of their opinions.
    You’ve already made your opinions of your coin well known. Yet, you keep talking it up, each time someone posts about it.
    Sorry some of it comes from my ocd brain 
    Thank you for letting us know and in that case, I’ll stop giving you a hard time. I do hope that you can enjoy your coins without worrying about all of the stuff such as grades, re-grades, stickers, what others think, etc. It’s what YOU like that matters.
    I appreciate your remarks. I guess I wanted to really just know if the coin was undergraded. Upon reviewing the coin that shiny mark on the top of the bears head I think limits the coin to a solid MS 64 and probably not higher I guess I want that coveted gold sticker. Ownership really does add a point or two. . I want to learn as much as I can at 70 about grading as I am limited to the amount of shows I can attend and rely on online photos for my learning. Thanks Mark for your understanding 
  • edited July 2022
    Stevie said:

MarkFeld said:

MarkFeld said:

MarkFeld said:

Why don’t you just submit the coin and stop arguing with those with opinions that differ from yours.

There is no argument just a back and forth friendly discussion. I am simply replying to some of their opinions.
    You’ve already made your opinions of your coin well known. Yet, you keep talking it up, each time someone posts about it.

Thank you for letting us know and in that case, I’ll stop giving you a hard time.

I do hope that you can enjoy your coins without worrying about all of the stuff such as grades, re-grades, stickers, what others think, etc. It’s what YOU like that matters.

I appreciate your remarks. I guess I wanted to really just know if the coin was undergraded. Upon reviewing the coin that shiny mark on the top of the bears head I think limits the coin to a solid MS 64 and probably not higher I guess I want that coveted gold sticker. Ownership really does add a point or two. . I want to learn as much as I can at 70 about grading as I am limited to the amount of shows I can attend and rely on online photos for my learning. Thanks Mark for your understanding 

Looking at and comparing large numbers of photos can serve as a learning tool. However, it’s not nearly as beneficial as being able to view coins in hand or much better yet, reviewing them with a knowledgeable collector or dealer.

One extremely important factor in learning to grade coins is having adequate perspective. As an example, if you haven’t seen and compared quantities of Bay Bridge commemoratives in various grades, you won’t have a good basis for determining if yours is conservatively (or liberally) graded.

If you really want to learn as much as you can about grading, for now, at least, try to forget about obtaining a gold sticker. It seems to be clouding any objectivity you might otherwise have and causing you to rely upon hope/wishing, rather than learning.
  • edited July 2022
    MarkFeld said:
    MarkFeld said:
    MarkFeld said:
    MarkFeld said:
    Thank you for letting us know and in that case, I’ll stop giving you a hard time. I do hope that you can enjoy your coins without worrying about all of the stuff such as grades, re-grades, stickers, what others think, etc. It’s what YOU like that matters.
    Looking at and comparing large numbers of photos can serve as a learning tool. However, it’s not nearly as beneficial as being able to view coins in hand or much better yet, reviewing them with a knowledgeable collector or dealer. One extremely important factor in learning to grade coins is having adequate perspective. As an example, if you haven’t seen and compared quantities of Bay Bridge commemoratives in various grades, you won’t have a good basis for determining if yours is conservatively (or liberally) graded. If you really want to learn as much as you can about grading, for now, at least, try to forget about obtaining a gold sticker. It seems to be clouding any objectivity you might otherwise have and causing you to rely upon hope/wishing, rather than learning.
    I appreciate all your advice. But you haven’t commented on the grade based on the photos. Curious do you see better or agree with the 63 grade and if you had played the GTG would you have guessed 63 or higher?
  • edited July 2022
    I probably would have guessed MS64, but the value spread between a 63 and a 64 is small enough, such that I consider it insignificant. There’s no way I’d have it re-graded or try it for a gold sticker at CAC.
  • Impossible to judge by a photo.  JA 
  • edited August 2022
    JACAC said:
    Impossible to judge by a photo.  JA 

Coin looks as good in hand or better than photo posted. I will send it to you shortly for grading. Please give me your feedback on the coin when you receive it. Thanks 
  • I’m looking forward to viewing your “ luster bomb”. JA 
  • Stevie said:

MarkFeld said:

I see nothing amazing about it. And I think this is the third thread you’ve started about this coin. Enough, already with your multi-thread posts about the same coins.

I hope to prove you wrong with a gold sticker.This is 100% going to CAC.  We will see. I think you are overreacting to the number of threads 2 of which were deleted Unfortunately I should have waited to receive the coin first before posting to avoid extra threads. You are taking it out on the coin which is beautiful looking and unusually clean for MS 63. Show me another 63 that’s it’s equal.

Looks ok since it is already graded as Choice BU by PCGS but cannot evaluate strictly from photos. Best to wait for CAC evaluation. Wish you success. Even if a failure, it can be a learning experience.

• edited August 2022
    oreville said:
    MarkFeld said:
    I see nothing amazing about it. And I think this is the third thread you’ve started about this coin. Enough, already with your multi-thread posts about the same coins.
    I hope to prove you wrong with a gold sticker.This is 100% going to CAC.  We will see. I think you are overreacting to the number of threads 2 of which were deleted Unfortunately I should have waited to receive the coin first before posting to avoid extra threads. You are taking it out on the coin which is beautiful looking and unusually clean for MS 63. Show me another 63 that’s it’s equal.
    Looks ok since it is already graded as Choice BU by PCGS but cannot evaluate strictly from photos. Best to wait for CAC evaluation. Wish you success. Even if a failure, it can be a learning experience.
    Thanks for your wishes it will certainly be a learning experience since JA personally responded. 

• Maybe you will have better luck now that you posted this coin in the PCGS forum under a different name. 
  • He is relentless.
  • Maybe you will have better luck now that you posted this coin in the PCGS forum under a different name. 
    I didn’t receive any real feedback on this forum, many views no opinions on the grade, so I tried the PCGS forum. I like the people much better on this forum as they are not as judgmental or critical of people. Much nicer not the bullying type 
  • Catbert said:
    He is relentless.
    What do you expect. I have 400 views and almost zero opinions on the grade or chances at CAC. People should not just view and not participate. That’s why unfortunately I tried the PCGS forum just to be attacked by their people.
  •   I am not familiar with the coin type or series. Never really owned one of these, thus I can't give you a fair opinion on the grade. No idea....

He has been banned from the PCGS forums at least 7 to 8 times at this point. He changes his IP address, gets a new account, and posts again until he gets discovered and banned again. No reason to expect the pattern to change.
  • WilliamJ said:
      I am not familiar with the coin type or series. Never really owned one of these, thus I can't give you a fair opinion on the grade. No idea....
    Thanks for your feedback. 
  • edited August 2022
    Maybe you will have better luck now that you posted this coin in the PCGS forum under a different name. 

I was unfairly banned from the beginning. I am not a troll and all my posts have since been non controversial and reasonable since being on the PCGS forum. I have apologized for any perceived poor posts. Doesn’t seem like they want to give a guy a second chance. Well they are opiniated judgemental pompous people who tend to be unfriendly and hard on those with differing opinions being especially unnecessarily tough to newbies who think they have discovered rare varieties. 
    I am however pleased with the friendly safe atmosphere on this CAC forum as the people are not so judgmental, much nicer and a pleasure to discuss various coin topics. Only drawback less views and responses
  • Good morning Stevie - I don’t know of any expert graders that can give an accurate assessment of a mint state coin based on a photo.  Perhaps, this is why you’re not getting much feedback. JA
  • edited August 2022
    JACAC said:
    Good morning Stevie - I don’t know of any expert graders that can give an accurate assessment of a mint state coin based on a photo.  Perhaps, this is why you’re not getting much feedback. JA
    Coin is in your office right now for your viewing pleasure. Please check it out if possible, anxious and excited to know your feedback as I think it’s super looking for a 63. Thanks 
  • edited August 2022
    Stevie said:

Catbert said:

He is relentless.

What do you expect. I have 400 views and almost zero opinions on the grade or chances at CAC. People should not just view and not participate. That’s why unfortunately I tried the PCGS forum just to be attacked by their people.

Part of the reason for so little feedback is because you have a habit of starting multiple threads about the same coins. It becomes tiresome and discourages participation from others.

And whether you like it or not, forum members are perfectly free to view posts and choose not to respond.

Lastly, while John Albanese was nice enough to respond to you, ideally, graders at PCGS, NGC and CAC shouldn’t know whose coins they’re assessing. While sometimes that can’t be helped, I think it’s inappropriate for submitters to be telling them which coins are theirs and talking up the coins before they're evaluated
This discussion has been closed.