Should This MS 63 Coin Be Submitted to CAC For Possible Gold Sticker or PCGS Regrade? - Page 3 — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

Should This MS 63 Coin Be Submitted to CAC For Possible Gold Sticker or PCGS Regrade?

Comments

• MarkFeld said:
    Catbert said:
    He is relentless.
    What do you expect. I have 400 views and almost zero opinions on the grade or chances at CAC. People should not just view and not participate. That’s why unfortunately I tried the PCGS forum just to be attacked by their people.
    Part of the reason for so little feedback is because you have a habit of starting multiple threads about the same coins. It becomes tiresome and discourages participation from others. And whether you like it or not, forum members are perfectly free to view posts and choose not to respond. Lastly, while John Albanese was nice enough to respond to you, ideally, graders at PCGS, NGC and CAC shouldn’t know whose coins they’re assessing. While sometimes that can’t be helped, I think it’s inappropriate for submitters to be telling them which coins are theirs and talking up the coins before they're evaluated
    No harm was intended. Your point is well taken. Thanks for that feedback. Next time I will be more circumspect. 
  • edited August 2022

Duplicate post erased 

•  The OP has gotten more attention from JA then someone who has assembled the first all CAC Saint set topped off with a ‘33!!!!  

Yet he’s not pleased with the attention he’s gotten.   Unbelievable 
  • There are 887 graded in 63, and nearly 6000 coins graded higher in CoinFacts. It doesn’t have any unique toning to set it apart from others, and as Vincent said it’s just sort of ho hum. Green or gold or no sticker it’s still not worth multiple threads on multiple forums. 
  • There are 887 graded in 63, and nearly 6000 coins graded higher in CoinFacts. It doesn’t have any unique toning to set it apart from others, and as Vincent said it’s just sort of ho hum. Green or gold or no sticker it’s still not worth multiple threads on multiple forums. 

Agreed. And no matter how important a coin might be to its owner, that doesn’t mean it’s of any interest to others.
  • My post was meant to be educational and not just targeted for the Bay Bridge.  It’s impossible for an expert to grade a mint state or proof coin based on images!  Excuse but I now need to spend more time with wealthy collectors:) 
  • Other problem is that it is summer and most posters prefer to go into their pools or at least a watering hole.

That being said….it is always better just to post a thread without touting or dissing your own coin to allow for others to post their guessimates freely without being unduly influenced by your own opinion.
  • JACAC said:

My post was meant to be educational and not just targeted for the Bay Bridge.  It’s impossible for an expert to grade a mint state or proof coin based on images!  Excuse but I now need to spend more time with wealthy collectors:) 

But you enjoy spending time with young aspiring collectors even more?

• More educational posts the better! 
  •  The OP has gotten more attention from JA then someone who has assembled the first all CAC Saint set topped off with a ‘33!!!!  

Yet he’s not pleased with the attention he’s gotten.   Unbelievable 
     Not true Vincent I never wanted to draw so much attention just  opinions from other collectors. I think it’s nice that  JA took notice of my post, much appreciated 
  • Just some friendly hazing Stevie .   I think it’s great when collectors get excited about their coins .  Otherwise why do it right ?  !!!

And very cool 😎 JA cares about and shows interest in all levels of collectors and their collections .   
  • Just some friendly hazing Stevie .   I think it’s great when collectors get excited about their coins .  Otherwise why do it right ?  !!!

And very cool 😎 JA cares about and shows interest in all levels of collectors and their collections .   
    No problem Lol. I guess my common inexpensive coins mean as much to me as your MS 67 Saints do to you. I got a little too excited with this coin but that’s the fun in collecting, finding that coin that gets your juices flowing. Never expected a response from JA, feel honored.
  • edited August 2022
    Since you feel honored, perhaps you will keep in mind that J.A. said “It’s impossible for an expert to grade a mint state or proof coin based on images!”
    It seems like no matter what opinions you receive, you send your coins to CAC or elsewhere, anyway.
  • edited August 2022
    MarkFeld said:
    Just some friendly hazing Stevie .   I think it’s great when collectors get excited about their coins .  Otherwise why do it right ?  !!!

No problem Lol. I guess my common inexpensive coins mean as much to me as your MS 67 Saints do to you. I got a little too excited with this coin but that’s the fun in collecting, finding that coin that gets your juices flowing. Never expected a response from JA, feel honored.
    Since you feel honored, perhaps you will keep in mind that he said “It’s impossible for an expert to grade a mint state or proof coin based on images!” It seems like you send your coins to CAC or elsewhere, no matter what opinions you receive anyway, so there’s no good reason to ask for them.
    Mark I always send all my coins to CAC regardless because I want the prestige of their sticker which also validates  my opinion on them being solid or high for the grade. I was wondering if others saw the same grade as me before I sent it in, which would either validate my opinion or tell me I am not correct in my thinking a learning experience for me.. I don’t see it as any different in concept from the GTG game which is harder to be accurate and often involves wild guesses.

• Stevie said:

MarkFeld said:

Just some friendly hazing Stevie .   I think it’s great when collectors get excited about their coins .  Otherwise why do it right ?  !!!

Since you feel honored, perhaps you will keep in mind that he said “It’s impossible for an expert to grade a mint state or proof coin based on images!”

It seems like you send your coins to CAC or elsewhere, no matter what opinions you receive anyway, so there’s no good reason to ask for them.

Mark I always send all my coins to CAC regardless because I want the prestige of their sticker which also validates  my opinion on them being solid or high for the grade. I was wondering if others saw the same grade as me before I sent it in, which would either validate my opinion or tell me I am not correct in my thinking a learning experience for me.. I don’t see it as any different in concept from the GTG game which is harder to be accurate and often involves wild guesses.

One difference is that if you’re going to submit the coins anyway, it doesn’t really matter what forum members think.

• No problem Lol. I guess my common inexpensive coins mean as much to me as your MS 67 Saints do to you. I got a little too excited with this coin but that’s the fun in collecting, finding that coin that gets your juices flowing. Never expected a response from JA, feel honored.

Only women like Adriana Lima get my juices flowing but a nice coin is something to enjoy for sure .   I do like 67 Saints but CAC coins are becoming my focus more and more.  Though I’m adding another 27 / 67 on Sunday if things go well for me .  Waiting for a 27/67 CAC to pop up one day .  Kick myself for not going a bit stronger on the Duckor 23 D .  I just didn’t know better at the time . 🤦🏻‍♂️ 
  • edited August 2022

Only women like Adriana Lima get my juices flowing but a nice coin is something to enjoy for sure .   I do like 67 Saints but CAC coins are becoming my focus more and more.  Though I’m adding another 27 / 67 on Sunday if things go well for me .  Waiting for a 27/67 CAC to pop up one day .  Kick myself for not going a bit stronger on the Duckor 23 D .  I just didn’t know better at the time . 🤦🏻‍♂️

Don’t be too hard on yourself about the 23-D - it brought a really strong price.

• No problem Lol. I guess my common inexpensive coins mean as much to me as your MS 67 Saints do to you. I got a little too excited with this coin but that’s the fun in collecting, finding that coin that gets your juices flowing. Never expected a response from JA, feel honored.

Amazing Saints VS. Good luck on your quest for a 67CAC Saint.
  • Thank you Mark and  thank you Tom 

👍🏻🙏🏻

Nevvverrrr heard of her.
    Signed:
    Oddball
This discussion has been closed.