Should This MS 63 Coin Be Submitted to CAC For Possible Gold Sticker or PCGS Regrade? - Page 4 — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

Should This MS 63 Coin Be Submitted to CAC For Possible Gold Sticker or PCGS Regrade?

Comments

• No problem Lol. I guess my common inexpensive coins mean as much to me as your MS 67 Saints do to you. I got a little too excited with this coin but that’s the fun in collecting, finding that coin that gets your juices flowing. Never expected a response from JA, feel honored.

Only women like Adriana Lima get my juices flowing but a nice coin is something to enjoy for sure .   I do like 67 Saints but CAC coins are becoming my focus more and more.  Though I’m adding another 27 / 67 on Sunday if things go well for me .  Waiting for a 27/67 CAC to pop up one day .  Kick myself for not going a bit stronger on the Duckor 23 D .  I just didn’t know better at the time . 🤦🏻‍♂️ 
    Impressive coins but why so many of the same date, I don’t get it.
  • Stevie said:

No problem Lol. I guess my common inexpensive coins mean as much to me as your MS 67 Saints do to you. I got a little too excited with this coin but that’s the fun in collecting, finding that coin that gets your juices flowing. Never expected a response from JA, feel honored.

Only women like Adriana Lima get my juices flowing but a nice coin is something to enjoy for sure .   I do like 67 Saints but CAC coins are becoming my focus more and more.  Though I’m adding another 27 / 67 on Sunday if things go well for me .  Waiting for a 27/67 CAC to pop up one day .  Kick myself for not going a bit stronger on the Duckor 23 D .  I just didn’t know better at the time . 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

If another ‘36 S Bay Bridge ms 63 showed up would you buy it ?   
  • Stevie said:

No problem Lol. I guess my common inexpensive coins mean as much to me as your MS 67 Saints do to you. I got a little too excited with this coin but that’s the fun in collecting, finding that coin that gets your juices flowing. Never expected a response from JA, feel honored.

If another ‘36 S Bay Bridge ms 63 showed up would you buy it ?   
    Only as an upgrade as I Type collect. I don’t like looking at more than one coin design at a time personally. I don’t like duplicates and I don’t date collect. Just one great coin per design for me
  • edited August 2022
    "Only as an upgrade as I Type collect. I don't like looking at more than one coin design at a time personally. I don't like duplicates and I don't date collect. Just one great coin per design for me."

Yours is one method of about 50 different ways of collecting.
    One is not "better" than the other.
    Your method of collecting works for you. Someone else may enjoy a specific year- say 1927- for personal reasons and collect the "best-of-the-best" that year offers.

Enjoy your coins.

• I think you may have exhibited the difference of what the hunt for an upgrade is, vs. contentment with the piece in hand. I sort of lean to the VS (Vincent. Savage method, or if more pleasing, Victoria's Secret method-see what I did there? VS. Get it? I am clever).

There is no difference in either VS though, both involve hunting and admiring and coveting, just different subject.
  • edited August 2022
    john said:
    I think you may have exhibited the difference of what the hunt for an upgrade is, vs. contentment with the piece in hand. I sort of lean to the VS (Vincent. Savage method, or if more pleasing, Victoria's Secret method-see what I did there? VS. Get it? I am clever). There is no difference in either VS though, both involve hunting and admiring and coveting, just different subject.

VS loves VS models … 😍🥰😉☺️

Stevie that’s a lot of “ don’ts “. Lol
  • john said:
    I think you may have exhibited the difference of what the hunt for an upgrade is, vs. contentment with the piece in hand. I sort of lean to the VS (Vincent. Savage method, or if more pleasing, Victoria's Secret method-see what I did there? VS. Get it? I am clever). There is no difference in either VS though, both involve hunting and admiring and coveting, just different subject.

VS loves VS models … 😍🥰😉☺️

Stevie that’s a lot of “ don’ts “. Lol
    Wasn’t judging at all, just curious why you enjoy looking at four of the same date. I understand people have different methods of collecting of course and to each his own. I am trying to understand the appeal it has for you that’s all. Btw how come do you think there is no sticker for your pretty Saints? They are magnificent looking 
  • UPGRADE UPGRADE UPGRADE. Think about Comancheria. The whole point of the Comanche was upgrading the horse they already had, and having multiples of the same horse allowed growth and trading up.
  • Ok everyone out of the pool!
  • Sink or swim, but getting out is good advice.
  • edited August 2022
    I love discovering different collecting techniques! I agree with VS. I have many duplicates of great coins/ fun  years and wouldn't sell any of them for a premium, at least for quite a few years.
       Recently I have learned from you guys about type sets, boxes of 20, varieties  and some other cool ideas.
       Also, similar coins help me to learn how to grade that particular series!!
  • WilliamJ said:
    I love discovering different collecting techniques! I agree with VS. I have many duplicates of great coins/ fun  years and wouldn't sell any of them for a premium, at least for quite a few years.
       Recently I have learned from you guys about type sets, boxes of 20, varieties  and some other cool ideas!!

Working on another Box of 20…

All 1927 Saints ms 67

I want 20 of the 31 existing .   🤓

• Awesome!! 
     Great goal 🤩
  • Thought this one might gold but no complaints. Certainly nice for a 63.
  • Congrats!
          I like the color/ originality!
  • LarryC said:
    Thought this one might gold but no complaints. Certainly nice for a 63.
    Very pretty, what are the contact marks and where are they located?
  • edited August 2022
    Stevie said:

MarkFeld said:

Stevie said:

MarkFeld said:

Why don’t you just submit the coin and stop arguing with those with opinions that differ from yours.

There is no argument just a back and forth friendly discussion. I am simply replying to some of their opinions.
    You’ve already made your opinions of your coin well known. Yet, you keep talking it up, each time someone posts about it.

Even though a former NGC grader is advising you based on photos, you need to show the coin to a TPG grader IN PERSON. Your coin may have been dipped, cleaned, laser smoothed, damaged, and/or have other issues not seen in the images.

But on some occasions, even after I have gotten "expert" negative opinions from in-person examinations, I still resubmitted the coins and ended up receiving upgrades.
  • edited August 2022
    CACfan said:

Stevie said:

MarkFeld said:

Stevie said:

MarkFeld said:

Why don’t you just submit the coin and stop arguing with those with opinions that differ from yours.

There is no argument just a back and forth friendly discussion. I am simply replying to some of their opinions.
    You’ve already made your opinions of your coin well known. Yet, you keep talking it up, each time someone posts about it.

“Even though a former NGC grader is advising you based on photos, you need to show the coin to a TPG grader IN PERSON. Your coin may have been dipped, cleaned, laser smoothed, damaged, and/or have other issues not seen in the images.

But on some occasions, even after I have gotten "expert" negative opinions from in-person examinations, I still resubmitted the coins and ended up receiving upgrades. “

I didn’t advise him on the coin, other than “Why don’t you just submit the coin and stop arguing with those with opinions that differ from yours.”

• MarkFeld said:

CACfan said:

Stevie said:

MarkFeld said:

Stevie said:

MarkFeld said:

“Even though a former NGC grader is advising you based on photos, you need to show the coin to a TPG grader IN PERSON. Your coin may have been dipped, cleaned, laser smoothed, damaged, and/or have other issues not seen in the images.

But on some occasions, even after I have gotten "expert" negative opinions from in-person examinations, I still resubmitted the coins and ended up receiving upgrades. “

I didn’t advise him on the coin, other than “Why don’t you just submit the coin and stop arguing with those with opinions that differ from yours.”

You said that you saw nothing amazing about the coin [for the grade?], which implies that it might not upgrade. Again, how can you judge coins by their photos? I may be wrong; you may be great at it. But I cannot see luster, hairlines, laser smoothing, etc.

• edited August 2022
    CACfan said:

MarkFeld said:

CACfan said:

Stevie said:

MarkFeld said:

Stevie said:

MarkFeld said:

“You said that you saw nothing amazing about the coin [for the grade?], which implies that it might not upgrade. Again, how can you judge coins by their photos? I may be wrong; you may be great at it. But I cannot see luster, hairlines, laser smoothing, etc.”

I provided an opinion based on images, which have shortcomings, of which I’m well aware. Contrary to what you posted, I didn’t advise him. And based on his history, I was all-but-certain that he’d be submitting the coin, regardless of any opinions he received. Then sure enough, he submitted it.
This discussion has been closed.