Y'all ready to rumble!!!!???? ANA next week! — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

Y'all ready to rumble!!!!???? ANA next week!

I'm fired up. Got a few special exhibits that I am bringing along. There's going to be a lot of great coins all over the bourse floor. Bass coins, Tom Bender's coins, The Koessel Collection of Matte Proof Gold at the table of Great Collections. I am excited to see all these once in a lifetime coins in hand. I need this coin vacation - been sorting too many wheat cents at the shop.

What's typically a week long affair is only two days for me - Weds and Thursday. My daughter is starting college and my son is moving into his first apartment at college. Kids before coins.

See ya there!

Comments

• Look forward to stopping by quickly on Wednesday. Picked up that 1928 66+CAC Saint from you a few weeks ago and want to put a face to an email. Look forward to seeing your exhibits as well.
  • I am looking forward to it Seth!! See you Wednesday :smiley:
  • I am not sure if I should ask, but is GC doing a special auction for the ANA? Or is it still the Sunday night time? 
  • WilliamJ said:
    I am not sure if I should ask, but is GC doing a special auction for the ANA? Or is it still the Sunday night time? 

I have bids in for the regular Sunday night online auction .   So I think it’s safe to say that’s a go . 
  • WilliamJ said:

I am not sure if I should ask, but is GC doing a special auction for the ANA? Or is it still the Sunday night time? 

For this year, we have extensive highlights from several of our next auctions on display at our table, including two pretty amazing collections that just arrived this week. And as Seth mentioned, we're displaying the Koessl Collection of Matte Proof Gold - simply breathtaking coins.

For next year, we have a few ideas that we are working through for something different. We'll announce this early in 2023.

- Ian
  • WilliamJ said:

I have bids in for the regular Sunday night online auction .   So I think it’s safe to say that’s a go . 
    They do have some very nice coins up for auction! 
  • Table 1335 to see some great world crowns ! 

• WilliamJ said:

How did you do?
  • john said:
    WilliamJ said:

How did you do?

Picked up 2 proof type buffalos so I didn’t come home empty handed.   

Lost on a bunch of others .   Its like a feeding frenzy out there.    I went to iirc $10,800 w/ BP on a 1911 D 66 cac Saint .  Next guy above me got it .   It really was a beautiful coin !!   I just couldn’t see a coin with 673 pop and 124 CACed being worth that much.    I looked at the 66+ CAC 11 D’s and in coin fact in 04/21 a coin sold for $8100 .   Then 3 others all higher and higher until we get to 04/22 where a coin sold for $18,000 +.  

I think we are in a bubble .  How strong will the market and upside remain when things are doubling in a year ??
  • Good reply and info. I also wonder if the pieces you lost out on-the feeding frenzy, can also be attributed to a pre-ANA Show bounce, and bidders thinking the coins would be more expensive at the Show.
    I noticed Ms. Sperber thought, that there would probably be better($ wise) on the Bourse floor.

Your description of the experience would be a definitive bubble. If so, maybe the smart move for now is HODL.
  • I hope there are some nice coins on the floor. I am ready to buy a few.
  • I'm typing from our table now!
    No complaints here, it's been a really good show. Dealer to dealer seemed light, but the public has been snapping up a ton. Still plenty of time to go before close and we've had just enough time to actually enjoy some of the exhibits.
  • I didn't even go the show. Our biggest dealers-all wholesale. Did a little retail. Who needs to pay all that money to do what we can do in the office. GH and Jose were there to try and buy. I wrote a Hot Topics about the ANA show.
  • GC did very good as ANA auctioneer, except I was out bid on a few coins that I  wanted. Still thumbs up to GC!!