NEW member: Showing a couple of CAC sets — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

NEW member: Showing a couple of CAC sets

I just found this forum. I thought I'd share 2 PCGS Registry sets I just finished.

The Schwenk Collection Buffalo Nickels Basic Set, Circulation Strikes (1913-1938) - CAC #2

The Schwenk Collection Peace Dollars, Circulation Strikes (1921-1935) - CAC #1

I thought it would be fun to see what could be done with these sets. They are not great and could use some upgrading but they are not as easy as you might think. Finding nice CAC buffalos is tough. I am mostly a gold collector. I am working on some gold cac sets I have yet to post in the Registry. My main collection interests the last couple of years was $20 lib(sold) and the 100 Greatest coins which can be viewed on my website:

https://sc-coins.com/

Comments

• Welcome to the forum.

I think you do yourself and your collection a disservice by talking mostly about your Buffalo nickel and Peace dollar sets. Many of your other coins deserve a great deal of attention!
  • Thank you for sharing! 

The Peace dollars are very nice, some of them I would really love to have in my collection.

Welcome to the Forum!
  • Awesome to have you participating in the forum! Welcome!
  • @gschwenk You have some great coins. Thanks for sharing them.
  • And a great website- good work!
  • edited August 2022
    gschwenk said:
    I just found this forum. I thought I'd share 2 PCGS Registry sets I just finished. The Schwenk Collection Buffalo Nickels Basic Set, Circulation Strikes (1913-1938) - CAC #2 The Schwenk Collection Peace Dollars, Circulation Strikes (1921-1935) - CAC #1 I thought it would be fun to see what could be done with these sets. They are not great and could use some upgrading but they are not as easy as you might think. Finding nice CAC buffalos is tough. I am mostly a gold collector. I am working on some gold cac sets I have yet to post in the Registry. My main collection interests the last couple of years was $20 lib(sold) and the 100 Greatest coins which can be viewed on my website: https://sc-coins.com/
    Beautiful set of Peace Dollars. Curious what is that mark on the 1928 Peace Dollar Lower left
  • Stevie said:

gschwenk said:

I just found this forum. I thought I'd share 2 PCGS Registry sets I just finished.

The Schwenk Collection Buffalo Nickels Basic Set, Circulation Strikes (1913-1938) - CAC #2

The Schwenk Collection Peace Dollars, Circulation Strikes (1921-1935) - CAC #1

I thought it would be fun to see what could be done with these sets. They are not great and could use some upgrading but they are not as easy as you might think. Finding nice CAC buffalos is tough. I am mostly a gold collector. I am working on some gold cac sets I have yet to post in the Registry. My main collection interests the last couple of years was $20 lib(sold) and the 100 Greatest coins which can be viewed on my website:

https://sc-coins.com/

Beautiful set of Peace Dollars. Curious what is that mark on the 1928 Peace Dollar Lower left

Not sure from photo. When I had the coin in hand I don't remember any problems. I don't have possession of the coin at my home. The Peace $1 set is to be sold in the future as part of the Schwenk Family Collection.
  • I agree with Mark .   A very nice collection indeed that is worthy of admiration and gawking . 

Very modest entry on your part . 😉😎
  • Great website, but your absolutely GORGEOUS coins are even nicer!

Welcome to the forum!

Steve
  • I have enjoyed following your top 100 coins set as you build it.
    Glad you joined this forum