Important Addition to my $3 CAC collection β€” Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

Important Addition to my $3 CAC collection

This coin will help. Sorry to say I can't afford the 1870-s but I don't think it will CAC so not needed. HA, ha.

Comments

• Very nice. I really like the $3 design. Finally got one at the ANA. 

If you would like me to engrave something on yours let me know.
  • Gorgeous addition to your set! Congratulations!

You should be VERY proud that you have a set of these special gold coins. I have only one, as part of my Type Set. Unlike yours, mine is one of the more common dates:

Steve

• This is mine I have in a type set .   Gschwenk it’s really nice having you here on the forum.

Looking forward to your participation, which so far has been fantastic .

πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»πŸ€—

• The 1888 and 1878 are excellent choices for a Type set. Also staying below MS65 is a good choice from a cost perspective.
  • edited August 2022
    gschwenk said:

The 1888 and 1878 are excellent choices for a Type set. Also staying below MS65 is a good choice from a cost perspective.

Thanks. but you say "a good choice to stay below MS65"? Ha! There was no choice! I couldn't afford more than that, lol. ;)

Steve
  • Love the 54D. I under bid it.
  • The 1888 and 1878 are excellent choices for a Type set. Also staying below MS65 is a good choice from a cost perspective.
    Thanks. but you say "a good choice to stay below MS65"? Ha! There was no choice! I couldn't afford more than that, lol. ;) Steve

Hahahahaha, I was wondering what the problem was !    Things we could afford last year are now double it seems .  Definitely making it more difficult to buy the higher grades.