NGC and PCGS Registry Sets w/CAC Coins — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

NGC and PCGS Registry Sets w/CAC Coins

This issue was discussed in another Forum. NGC has (certain?) categories that have eligibility for CAC Gold and Green, and + and *. Points awarded accordingly. It appears that the CAC categories are awarded more points?

Comments

• Yes, NGC registry offers more points for CAC items.
  • The NGC Registry also allows coins graded by PCGS, with and without CAC stickers. No “punishment” for coins graded by PCGS.
  • The NGC Registry also allows coins graded by PCGS, with and without CAC stickers. No “punishment” for coins graded by PCGS.

I also recall NGC offers annual awards in recognition to sets calculating only NGC coins and one for mixed (PCGS/NGC). This will keep the NGC purest pleased.

I had award recognition awhile back with a couple of sets with both a NGC only count and one with the mixed (NGC and PCGS) within the same set. I presume the same holds for their sets with CAC only labels.
  • How ironic that marketing genius David Hall invented Registry Sets (and every other clever PCGS innovation) yet I have never seen even one CAC coin in his listings. Then again, Alan Hager actually invented the coin slab itself.
  • edited September 2022
    CACfan said:

How ironic that marketing genius David Hall invented Registry Sets (and every other clever PCGS innovation) yet I have never seen even one CAC coin in his listings. Then again, Alan Hager actually invented the coin slab itself.

While it may indeed be true that YOU may not have seen a CAC coin offered by David Hall, he regularly offers coins that merit CAC stickers. Here’s a hotlink to one that took me only a few seconds to find on his website (admittedly, his site does not seem to employ a filtering system).

https://davidhall.com/products/4816-66-1898-o-10c-41742538?_pos=4&_sid=17b1c8cde&_ss=r
  • CACfan said:

How ironic that marketing genius David Hall invented Registry Sets (and every other clever PCGS innovation) yet I have never seen even one CAC coin in his listings. Then again, Alan Hager actually invented the coin slab itself.

While it may indeed be true that YOU may not have seen a CAC coin offered by David Hall, he regularly offers coins that merit CAC stickers. Here’s a hotlink to one that took me only a few seconds to find on his website (admittedly, his site does not seem to employ a filtering system).

https://davidhall.com/products/4816-66-1898-o-10c-41742538?_pos=4&_sid=17b1c8cde&_ss=r
    Notice that DH does not even mention CAC in any listing headlines, as all other sellers do. My point was that he does not emphasize CAC like the rest of the market does. I have nothing but respect for this legendary coin god; I was merely pointing out his apparent indifference to CAC stickers for whatever reason (I believe that certain insiders know why). If it were not for DH, the coin market would be completely different and a lot worse in many respects.
  • I agree fully on all points you’ve just made, but as noted, he does indeed sell CAC stickered coins, even though he stays far away from clearly showing the coins with CAC’s.

Steve
  • CACfan said:

How ironic that marketing genius David Hall invented Registry Sets ...

Did he?

I am seeming to recall that the Set Registry was B.J. Searls brainchild. Not positive. But at any rate she is the one who made it happen... transforming the idea into the embryo of what it is today. She busted her ar*e .

I know I gave B.J. and Cosetta Robbins a LOT of work during those years when one could get very generous free gradings for completed Registry Sets.

This was back , way back , so far back that Mark Feld was working for David at the time ><

• CACfan said:

How ironic that marketing genius David Hall invented Registry Sets ...

Did he?

I am seeming to recall that the Set Registry was B.J. Searls brainchild. Not positive. But at any rate she is the one who made it happen... transforming the idea into the embryo of what it is today. She busted her ar*e .

I know I gave B.J. and Cosetta Robbins a LOT of work during those years when one could get very generous free gradings for completed Registry Sets.

This was back , way back , so far back that Mark Feld was working for David at the time ><

David Hall told me that the Registry Set was HIS idea.