CAC Results for Key Dates — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

CAC Results for Key Dates

Every one of these coins is a key and/or low mintage date. I am thrilled that nine of the previously unexamined 32 pieces were approved (eight had previously been rejected and were this time, too). I bought the dates, not the quality.

Had even one of these beaned, it would have paid for all of the costs and then some, hence my delight with the 28% green rate.

The turnaround time was 14 business days, fast compared to PCGS and even (previously quick) NGC now.

Comments

• You sent 8 previously rejected coins in again in hopes of getting a green bean on 1 or more of them?

If so , that is exactly why fees must apply to all submissions regardless if they bean or not.

Sorry but to me that’s bullsheet.   No wonder CAC at times has to suspend service in order to catch up.   They’re working for free on the same coins over and over again!

I know people keep trying at NGC & PCGS in hopes of a higher grade.   But at least they have to pay a grading fee.
  • Fee should be triple if the same dealer sends a coin back multiple times. What a waste of time for JA. 
  • You sent 8 previously rejected coins in again in hopes of getting a green bean on 1 or more of them?

If so , that is exactly why fees must apply to all submissions regardless if they bean or not.

Sorry but to me that’s bullsheet.   No wonder CAC at times has to suspend service in order to catch up.   They’re working for free on the same coins over and over again!

I know people keep trying at NGC & PCGS in hopes of a higher grade.   But at least they have to pay a grading fee.

My buddy just got the 63dmpl Morgan I sold him to go from green to gold.

Not too pleased that it didn't go gold the first time... That is now one of 6 DMPL Morgans with a gold sticker.

That's why people re-try stuff. Ya never know. As a result of his good luck, I'm putting a pile together for a second look, because frankly, statistically, I should have landed 2-3 gold beans on Morgans before I even had my first one... And him recon-ing that one to gold just screams at me that there should be others here with me that need another look.

My buddy just got the 63dmpl Morgan I sold him to go from green to gold. Not too pleased that it didn't go gold the first time... That is now one of 6 DMPL Morgans with a gold sticker. That's why people re-try stuff. Ya never know. As a result of his good luck, I'm putting a pile together for a second look, because frankly, statistically, I should have landed 2-3 gold beans on Morgans before I even had my first one... And him recon-ing that one to gold just screams at me that there should be others here with me that need another look.
     You’re not too pleased ???    Wow 😮 🙄That’s pretty friggin rude .    I get this used car lot feeling from some dealers . 😵‍💫🥴

Back on track . Being grading is an art and not a science being performed by men .    Their can be a margin of error or a change in opinions obviously .   

However everyone sending in 1,000’s of coins repeatedly hoping for an upgrade on such a small % of coins that’ll actually upgrade is causing these suspensions we’ve been seeing .

An even stronger argument for charging a fee for all submissions .   That’ll keep selfish dealers from sending in the whole shop with an attitude of “ I got nothing to lose “, and perhaps make them more selective on which coins they feel have a chance .    

Even the TPGs charge fees for grading and reconsideration services etc 

I bet you big dealers aren’t sending them to PCGS and NGC by the bushel now are you !
    ( of course not , that costs money ). 

JA please start charging fees …. I’m stressing out over these abuses by some people !!  😬🤪🤓😂😂

• You said: "However everyone sending in 1,000’s of coins repeatedly hoping for an upgrade on such a small % of coins that’ll actually upgrade is causing these suspensions we’ve been seeing ."

Eight coins are not "1,000's of coins", LOL. All of those coins were above average and thus similar to coins that CAC did approve after a second look. Also, dealers pay the CAC fee whether or not a coin gets approved.

Not too pleased that it didn't go gold the first time... That is now one of 6 DMPL Morgans with a gold sticker.

That's why people re-try stuff. Ya never know. As a result of his good luck, I'm putting a pile together for a second look, because frankly, statistically, I should have landed 2-3 gold beans on Morgans before I even had my first one... And him recon-ing that one to gold just screams at me that there should be others here with me that need another look.

You’re not too pleased ???    Wow 😮 🙄That’s pretty friggin rude .    I get this used car lot feeling from some dealers . 😵‍💫🥴

Back on track . Being grading is an art and not a science being performed by men .    Their can be a margin of error or a change in opinions obviously .   

However everyone sending in 1,000’s of coins repeatedly hoping for an upgrade on such a small % of coins that’ll actually upgrade is causing these suspensions we’ve been seeing .

An even stronger argument for charging a fee for all submissions .   That’ll keep selfish dealers from sending in the whole shop with an attitude of “ I got nothing to lose “, and perhaps make them more selective on which coins they feel have a chance .    

I bet you big dealers aren’t sending them to PCGS and NGC by the bushel now are you !

JA please start charging fees …. I’m stressing out over these abuses by some people !!  😬🤪🤓😂😂

It should have golded the first time. Look, I'm happy with my buddy, but when you submit 600 Morgans with a 75% bean rate and don't get a single gold bean for 10 years on 'em, despite them being your primary series and KNOWING you've sent in coins that would probably bean a grade up, you're gonna be a bit upset when CAC doubles back and goes "Oh yeah, maybe we shoulda given gold to that one." I've been blessed with 3 gold bean Morgans in my last 3 subs, but it still stings nonetheless knowing I gave up a coin that is now bordering on unicorn status.
  • edited September 2022
    Deleted - duplicate post

He’s a dealer, so presumably, is paying fees for each coin he submits.
  • edited September 2022

You sent 8 previously rejected coins in again in hopes of getting a green bean on 1 or more of them?

fadetoblack1004 said:
    “It should have golded the first time. Look, I'm happy with my buddy, but when you submit 600 Morgans with a 75% bean rate and don't get a single gold bean for 10 years on 'em, despite them being your primary series and KNOWING you've sent in coins that would probably bean a grade up, you're gonna be a bit upset when CAC doubles back and goes "Oh yeah, maybe we shoulda given gold to that one." I've been blessed with 3 gold bean Morgans in my last 3 subs, but it still stings nonetheless knowing I gave up a coin that is now bordering on unicorn status.”

MarkFeld said:
    Coins “that would probably bean a grade up” isn’t the standard for a gold CAC sticker. So it’s unrealistic and unfair to be upset that such coins didn’t receive gold stickers.
    Due to the lack of more objectivity and consistency in grading, the very sharpest collectors and dealers have given up on coins that later upgraded or stickered - it’s a reality of the world of coin grading.
  • MarkFeld said:
    You sent 8 previously rejected coins in again in hopes of getting a green bean on 1 or more of them?

He’s a dealer, so presumably, is paying fees for each coin he submits.

Thank you Mark.   
  • MarkFeld said:

MarkFeld said:
    Coins “that would probably bean a grade up” isn’t the standard for a gold CAC sticker. So it’s unrealistic and unfair to be upset that such coins didn’t receive gold stickers.
    Due to the lack of more objectivity and consistency in grading, the very sharpest collectors and dealers have given up on coins that later upgraded or stickered - it’s a reality of the world of coin grading.

The point of my post wasn't to harp on CAC for missing the gold bean the first time. The point was to explain why people will resubmit stuff, and share an anecdote that is leading to my own gold bean reconsideration sub in the near future. Somebody came after me for venting my frustrations a bit, so I added some color to my comments. I'm well aware of the human element of grading, and I've got every right to be upset about it if I want to be given my sample size is large enough to suggest that I was getting unlucky for a solid decade.

I digress. I've made my gold beans now, and I'm more than satisfied with them. As somebody who considers gold CAC coins untouchable RE selling, I fully intend to try to get more.