Would you rather… — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

Would you rather…

Based on a post I just saw on Instagram, I’m wondering what everyone would choose in two different scenarios.

Would you rather have any particular coin in an older holder with gold CAC, or would you rather have that same exact coin in a newer holder graded two points higher but no CAC?

And

Same scenario but with green CAC and one grade higher.

Comments

• I’d rather have it in a new (better quality) holder with a True View and a higher grade with a green CAC than the OGH with a gold CAC in the lower grade.

However, from my personal experience where about 55% to 65% of my coins eligible for plus grades have plus grades (and every one of my coins merits a CAC), I’d say the fairer example to give is going from a gold CAC to the next higher grade and with a plus, with a green CAC.

Steve
  • edited September 2022
    I’d rather have it in a new (better quality) holder with a True View and a higher grade with a green CAC than the OGH with a gold CAC in the lower grade. However, from my personal experience where about 55% to 65% of my coins eligible for plus grades have plus grades (and every one of my coins merits a CAC), I’d say the fairer example to give is going from a gold CAC to the next higher grade and with a plus, with a green CAC. Steve
    Do you think Steve that a coin with a CAC and a plus grade is a premium over a coin with either a CAC or plus grade alone, and if so how much in general speaking.
  • There’s absolutely no doubt that everything being equal, a coin with a CAC sticker and a plus grade is valued higher than a coin with only one of those two factors.

As a generalization, the higher the grade, the larger the value differential. Those coins in 64 and 64+ will have a smaller differential for the plus with a CAC than a set of 66 and 66+ coins.

Steve