CAC membership for new members? — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

CAC membership for new members?

edited December 2021 in General

Would be great to see CAC membership open up to new members, maybe the first 500 or 1000 members to sign up on the CAC forum qualify?

Just a fun idea :)

Tagged:

Comments

• Good marketing idea, if CAC marketing model has room for doing so at this time.

• Great! thank you John

• The following is from the CAC website so it appears this idea is currently not workable for CAC.

CAC Membership

New CAC Membership Temporarily Closed.

In order to maintain the quality of our service and continue to properly and timely serve our members, effective immediately, we are closing CAC collector/dealer membership applications. We will post a notice once membership is reopened.

• @HoldTheMayo in the mean time you can always piggyback on a member submission. I have some coins I am sending in shortly.

• edited December 2021

That's why I asked, its been like that for awhile. "Would be great to see CAC membership open up" => Membership closed => membership open

• I also would like to see the collector membership open up.

• While it would be nice, I can understand keeping numbers small.  However, I have the luxury of knowing a local person that is a member that I am sure would be willing to submit coins for me if I wanted to do so. 
  • Id love to be considered for membership!
  • I have been a CAC collector member since 2008.
  • I am surprised that non cac members are on the cac forum. Guess I just wrongly assumed that whomever was on this forum could submit coins to cac because they were also members.  I am new to this stuff.
  • A friend on this forum informed me that CAC does have a waiting list for new collector members. I emailed CAC and just a couple of days later I received a response. They sent me an application and bylaws agreement to fill out and sign. I did so and immediately returned it to them. I was informed that I would be on the list for consideration when new memberships became available. My friend also told me to be patient and perhaps within a few months I might be granted a membership. I was not a member of the ANA, which is required for CAC membership, so I immediately joined with a Platinum Membership. Your ANA member number is required on the application. I'm a relatively new collector (2 to 3 years). I'm glad I did join ANA because there are a lot of benefits to membership. Many of which I have yet to explore. One benefit is a subscription to their monthly magazine and an online archive of all the previous issues. I've got my fingers crossed that one day in the not-too-distant future I'll get a letter saying I've been accepted. The closest dealer member is an hour drive from my home and it would be awesome to be able to submit by myself. Even though I would only have a handful of submissions to make because I have recently switched over to only buying coins that are already CAC approved.
  • I agree with JohnTCoin it is great  be an ANA  member! and their magazine is very informative!

• I joined last year and I wasn’t required to have a ANA membership

• Maybe it has changed. I'm not sure, but the agreement said you must be an ANA member in good standing and the application asked for my ANA number. I wasn't about to take a chance and leave the field blank. I'm eagerly awaiting a response to my application. I would really love to be a member. If and when that happens, I'll let you guys know.
  • tejas1836 said:

The following is from the CAC website so it appears this idea is currently not workable for CAC.

CAC Membership

New CAC Membership Temporarily Closed.

In order to maintain the quality of our service and continue to properly and timely serve our members, effective immediately, we are closing CAC collector/dealer membership applications. We will post a notice once membership is reopened.

Tick, Tick, Tick, Tick, Tick..........
  • Dec., 2021.