Will it CAC — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

Will it CAC

edited September 2022 in Gold Coins
Would love to hear your thoughts. I enjoy this coin In hand. Lots of meat on the bone. XF40. Internet isn’t working. Will post image soon. 

Comments

• edited September 2022
    If I’ve learned only 1 thing since joining this forum is the following .

1 - you can not grade a coin using pictures .

• If I’ve learned only 1 thing since joining this forum is the following .

1 - you can not grade a coin using pictures .

Your learning experience hopefully is digested by every reader and transferred to every collector's eyes.

In straightforward speak: I agree.

I would only add that it is not possible to grade a Mint state coin from images (well, I guess a person can have an incredible accurate record of guesses), and as for circulated, I imagine there are some persons blessed with the ability via long experience and photographic knowledge and numismatic knowledge and superior eyesight to do so, But I am not and never was blessed with any of the abilities I mentioned.
  • The coin looks OK as a 40 in terms of wear. So unless in-hand, it appears cleaned or has other issues not apparent in the images, I think it's got a good shot.
  • Has a wholesome look to it so I think it is worth sending in.
  • Thank you everyone for the opinions. I’m gonna tag it in a cac sub. In hand it doesn’t give me a cleaned vibe, nice non hairlined surfaces and dark color. 
  • My grade would be VF-30, so having said that, my answer is no, but the EF grade has been "de-graded" in recent years, so the current market might say yes.
  • Based on those images alone my guess is Not CAC, if only for the lack of eye appeal pop.
  • edited October 2022
    VanHalen said:

Based on those images alone my guess is Not CAC, if only for the lack of eye appeal pop.

Even nice XF $20 Libs aren’t really expected to have “pop”. And if a coin is solid for the assigned grade, it need not have particularly good eye-appeal to receive a sticker from CAC. If the coin fails to receive a sticker, it will likely be because CAC feels that it grades less than 40 and/or it has issues not seen in the posted pictures.
  • I like the look of this coin and believe it to be properly graded.
  • Popless. ;)

• It stickered in the end. Thank you everyone. 
  • Congratulations and thanks for the update.
  • MarkFeld said:
    Congratulations and thanks for the update.
    This submission was a big boost to my confidence in selecting coins. 13/15 stickered in this shipment.