CAC Grading Company Announcement & FAQ Question Submission - Page 2 — Welcome to the CAC Educational Forum

CAC Grading Company Announcement & FAQ Question Submission

Comments

• Totally original- yes , many features. JA. 
  • William J.   Cac encapsulated coins will not be eligible for Cac stickers.  JA 
  • JACAC said:

if only one out of three has an issue with a coin , the coin will be sent to NJ .

For the love of scifi, please call this situation a Minority Report! :D

• JACAC said:

William J.   Cac encapsulated coins will not be eligible for Cac stickers.  JA 

John, are these 2 equivalent in your mind? A CAC stickered coin should go into a CAC encapsulated coin at the same grade and vice versa? If not, which is stricter?
  • edited October 2022
    Sorry to bombard you with questions and I know all will be answered in time, but I’m excited about this new service so many questions come to mind. One at the top of mine:

Will there be any incentives in the early days for us dealer members to cross PCGS/NGC CAC coins to your new service? I’ve got a stack of coins that generally need to be reholdered/restickered, but I’m loathe to wait the weeks and weeks for PCGS delays and cross country shipping. So if it makes sense to wait a bit, I’ll send em all to VA Beach!
  • JACAC said:
    William J.   Cac encapsulated coins will not be eligible for Cac stickers.  JA 
    Makes sense, thank you.
  • JACAC said:
    "Thanks Bushmaster. We’ve spent 7 months developing a holder and are ordering new equipment. JA"

Any chance CAC Grading will have better scratch resistant holders? As you have stated, graders have a more difficult time grading through holders vs. raw submissions so damaged holders must be even more difficult. In addition, speaking for collectors, it is so frustrating trying to look at a beautiful early proof coin through scratches. There have been a few coins I have had to pass on because the holder was too scratched to make an informed purchase.
  • Good morning Elite. The same standards apply for both services. JA 
  • Usararecoins- We will be using the highest quality plastic to insure durability. I believe that both services do a great job here and I believe that most problems occur because of improper handling. Jamming 60 coins in a double row box and shipping/traveling cross country to coin shows is the culprit here. Simply placing a cardboard tab between holders would prevent many of the problems that plague plastic holders    JA 
  • For the coins currently green beaned, I'm assuming we can expect they will likely cross at grade. Will the service tier for this be at a discount since it will likely be just moving from one holder to another holder?
  • Good morning Turtlecat.  We haven’t quite crunched the numbers yet but yes, anticipating a discount. It will automatically be reviewed for a plus as well. JA 
  • edited October 2022
    Please pardon my comments, rather than a question, here.

I think it’s pretty amazing that anyone - especially someone who has as much going on as John does - would take the time and care that he does to address so many questions on a personal basis.

John, thank you for continuing to help make this hobby and industry better in so many ways.
  • Ok so there are numerous early coins that have had old cleanings yet were still deemed market acceptable and graded as such. Will those grade straight with CAC whether crossed or otherwise?
  • Scenario: A coin has been to CAC and did not sticker (a C coin). Obviously, if it is doctored junk or has been overly cleaned etc, it will go into a details holder…but what about the coins that are graded correctly, but just not “solid” enough for a sticker? Will those automatically be placed in a lower graded holder? 
    Since CAC has the immediate ability to know if a coin has been sent in and failed to sticker, it still seems some of those coins should cross at grade, doesn’t it?
    Also, thank you for taking time to answer these questions…yet another example of a top-notch organization.
  • JACAC said:

Nutmeg- what exactly is PCI/DGS equipment?  JA

DLRC bought the PCI slabbing equipment for Dominion Grading Service a few years back, which was discontinued after a brief time. So, given your association with DLRC and the Va Beach location, I was thinking you might be leveraging that equipment.
  • JACAC said:

Thanks Bushmaster. We’ve spent 7 months developing a holder and are ordering new equipment. JA 

Thanks for the response.
  • Any plans for GSA and Redfield coins, per my other question?
  • Hello Vertigo.  I believe your question fits into the “ what about C coins ?” category . I am currently working on a response and it’s quite lengthy.  I hope to have it ready today. John A 
  • JACAC said:
    Hello Vertigo.  I believe your question fits into the “ what about C coins ?” category . I am currently working on a response and it’s quite lengthy.  I hope to have it ready today. John A 
    Ok will keep checking back thank you. And yes wondered how they would fit in. 
  • Vertigo- great , thanks. It may be a 5 part answer but I can assure you that we will never allow C coins to dilute the current population of stickered coins.  JA